issue or not. I dont know.

BigWooly

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 30, 2014
texas
Ive tried to load the poop chart but cacan't see the pictures. So that said, I've got a 2month old pullet leghorn that always has poop on her back side. I affectionately call her poopypants. Her back end has a bulge and a friendly lady down the stre. et informed me it looks like an impaction in her bowels. I've been massaging it for 2 days to attempt to break it up. Today when I went to pick her up for a massage sesh she pushed a turd that was mainly yellowish/light brown, and foamy.

Any help would greatly be appreciated. I've tried to check the poop page but like I said I can't see the pics.

BigWooly

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 30, 2014
texas
Sorry thought this was going in new posts. I'm a tech tard. I'll try to get this fixed.

TwoCrows

A Native Raven
Staff member
Premium member
9 Years
Mar 21, 2011
New Mexico, USA
My Coop
My Coop
Here is the entire poop chart. Take a look and see if your poop looks like any of these. Are you having any troubles with any of your birds? If you are concerned, you can always post a question in our emergency section...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

Normal

Picture taken by Catsmuvva

These last three pictures have shed intestinal lining in them - quite normal, not a cause for concern.

Coral coloured Urates

These are frequently deposited overnight and are quite normal

Oily and Foamy

The range of "Normal" is huge :shock:

Ceacal

These are produced from the caecum of the chicken and are mustard to dark brown froth. They are expelled every 8 to 10 droppings.

Fly Maggots

(picture curtesy of Vember)

Flies will lay their eggs on moist chicken poo and in warm weather they will very quickly hatch into small maggots.

Watery

Watery droppings can be produced by hens which are too hot. It can be a way for them to cool down by drinking a lot and losing some of their heat in frequent wet droppings. It can also be a sign that the hens are not eating enough too.

Abnormal poos

Coccidiosis produces blood in faeces.

Above is from a chicken suffering with Clostridium perfringens.
see: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=17568.msg1258576#msg1258576

The hen who produced this specimen was an older bird who became very thirsty.
She is producing a large amount of watery urates the cause of which is unknown, but could possibly be a kidney problem.

The hen who produced this specimen was about 25 weeks old. She went off her food and ate so little she became underweight. She held her tail down and was tired. She may have had worms and/or egg peritonitis.

Worms

picture taken by smiler43 picture taken by Lindeggs

Broody Poo

Thanks to ANHBUC for this picture

Good luck and welcome to our flock!

BigWooly

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 30, 2014
texas
Thank you for the warm welcome and the pictures. I'm glad to be here I'm really loving the newest addition to the backyard. They're a hoot to watch. I'll try harder in the future to make sure my posts get to the corret spot. Thanks again.

Top Bottom