WOOHOO! Welcome to the word Faith and #11!!!!!!!!!!

Any others externally pipped yet?
Egg #2, 6 and 7 were the last to externally pip yesterday afternoon. I can see all of them through their shell breaks and they are still doing the yawning action to absorb their yolk. I expect they will make an entrance later today!

Egg #3 hatched while I was asleep... I woke up to 5 fluffy baby ducklings!

Also, cayuga #1 made their external pip!

@junior67 happy birthday to your daughter!! I hope you guys have the most wonderful day today celebrating!

I'm watching for the other 3 welshies to hatch. They are still preparing and absorbing yolk... except #2 is zipping!

The 5 that hatched last night were getting quite rambunctious in the incubator and had fluffed out nicely... so I quickly opened the top and scooped them out. They are about the cutest little things I've ever seen.

20220121_093120.jpg

I put them in their baby brooder and they went to work investigating everything. I showed each one the food and water as I placed them in. I thought I had cut the holes in their ducky-water-jug small enough for them to put their heads in only... but they climb right in and dunk their heads. I thought I was going to teach them about getting into water in like a week, but they are having a grand 'ole time in there already LOL

20220121_100214.gif
20220121_105917_2.gif 20220121_105917_1.gif

Last edited:
@junior67 happy birthday to your daughter!! I hope you guys have the most wonderful day today celebrating!

I'm watching for the other 3 welshies to hatch. They are still preparing and absorbing yolk... except #2 is zipping!

The 5 that hatched last night were getting quite rambunctious in the incubator and had fluffed out nicely... so I quickly opened the top and scooped them out. They are about the cutest little things I've ever seen.

View attachment 2967674

I put them in their baby brooder and they went to work investigating everything. I showed each one the food and water as I placed them in. I thought I had cut the holes in their ducky-water-jug small enough for them to put their heads in only... but they climb right in and dunk their heads. I thought I was going to teach them about getting into water in like a week, but they are having a grand 'ole time in there already LOL

View attachment 2967675
View attachment 2967724View attachment 2967725
Omg they are the cutest little things ever!!!!! Look at them swimming in the water jug. Lol. Thinking they may need a little bowl.

Wow they are all making quick work and what a great hatch rate!!!

@MochaLatte thank you for the bday wishes for my daughter. It is a busy day for her so not much celebrating today. Poor kid. She has school till 150. Then cheer practice from 345-6 and she has to cheer at a basketball game right after that till around 8 or 830... Then we are going out to dinner...
That sounds like a fun day, anyway! She will be tired tonight I'd bet - but at least it's going to be the weekend!

Omg they are the cutest little things ever!!!!! Look at them swimming in the water jug. Lol. Thinking they may need a little bowl.

Wow they are all making quick work and what a great hatch rate!!!
Hahahaha yes, I think maybe once the hatching is all done I will put a little swim bowl in for them the next day. They played too much and are just exhausted now....

The duckling cuddle puddle...
20220121_125356.jpg

Lucky Egg #7 just hatched!
20220121_143518_1.gif

@Smiles-N-Sunshine so... in the end, out of 10 fertile eggs that could be placed... all 8 that made it to lockdown hatched successfully!!!

Having an 80% hatch rate for shipped eggs is unreal - I think that speaks a lot to your quality and shipping methods. Thank you so much for sending these little rays of sunshine! I absolutely adore them all.

Back
Top Bottom