Pics
Annabelle was in the box again today. I couldn't tell on the cam if there was an egg when she left and I wasn't home. Then Nugget was in there when I got home. After 2 hrs I opened the nest box to check. Yup no egg from either....

But I found a big egg in the run?!?! 50g so not huge. It looked pinkish outside but once inside a darker tan. I had to wash it off since it was dirty and it looked really dark and a bit fatter than Annabelles. But then it dried and looked closer. So no clue if I have a new layer or Annabelle laid. Will try to get a pic of Annabelle's other egg and the new one.
50g is big! I wonder who laid it. It does kinda look like an Annabelle egg, right?? I would think it had to be one of them since they didn't do anything in the boxes... I love a good egg mystery!

50g is big! I wonder who laid it. It does kinda look like an Annabelle egg, right?? I would think it had to be one of them since they didn't do anything in the boxes... I love a good egg mystery!
More of a mystery... I went to clean my coop, haven't done it in a few days and found an egg on the coop floor..... Thinking they are Annabelle's and she isn't finishing in the box. Not sure when either are from. I was in the run a couple times today but once was shortly before I found the egg and never saw it so think I overlooked it at least that one time and I don't have a cam for my run yet. Going to go through coop cam to see if I see anything there

Pic of eggs. Annabelle and Nuggets are basically same color. I don't think run one is nuggets. Coop one looks a bit darker but that one I had to really wash so maybe that is why. Oh Nugget just laid hers today so not one of hers from today. Coop egg was 48g so around what they both lay. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_20211127_150751930~2.jpg
    IMG_20211127_150751930~2.jpg
    432.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Pic of eggs. Annabelle and Nuggets are basically same color. I don't think run one is nuggets. Coop one looks a bit darker but that one I had to really wash so maybe that is why. Oh Nugget just laid hers today so not one of hers from today. Coop egg was 48g so around what they both lay. Lol
Of course they have the make it more tricky! I really don't know what to think. I'd say Annabelle... but I just don't know! I got a crazy egg today as well and had to go back thru video and found its from a new layer!

Of course they have the make it more tricky! I really don't know what to think. I'd say Annabelle... but I just don't know! I got a crazy egg today as well and had to go back thru video and found its from a new layer!
Woohoo on your new layer!!! Mine only records with movement so I miss stuff at times since it takes a few min after one recording to record again.

Yesterday, at 22 weeks and 4 days old, Ginger laid her first egg! She is our Starlight Green Egger... and has been in and out of nest boxes for nearly 2 weeks!

I went to collect eggs and was quite confused because I found a white egg... and my one girl that will lay white eggs isn't quite old enough yet.

When I looked at video footage, I saw that it was Ginger... then I discovered if I get the egg wet, it's a lovely green color with speckles! It just has a VERY heavy bloom.

Here is Miss Ginger and her first eggie!

20211127_132655.jpg 20211127_132606.jpg 20211127_133204.jpg 20211127_133503.jpg

I also wanted to share Zoingo's monstrosity from yesterday. I don't know how it came out of her, honestly. It weighs 104g... yikes!!!
20211127_201741.jpg

Here is is in the basket with the other eggies. It looks crazy.
20211127_202331.jpg

Back
Top Bottom