Pics
a bit shocked today when Nugget went in the box and laid her 3rd egg in a row! She started on Sun with her first and I got 5 from Sun-Sat from her! I figured about 4 a week and she started with Sun, Tue so I was thinking every other day then laid Thur, Fri and Sat!

Annabelle my buff cochin that I think may be close has gone into the coop a couple times during the day recently which they NEVER used to do. So thinking maybe she will be soon I HOPE! LOL
Go, Nugget, Go! She said she's gonna lay however many she wants, when she wants :celebrate

Sounds like you were right about your 12-14 days theory for your cochins. I can't wait to see their first egg, too! Woo!!

Speedy and Zoingo both went into the nest boxes like they were going to lay and then didn't. I went to check after they got out and... nothing 🤷🏼‍♀️ Moon laid her 3rd egg today... here they are in order!
20210918_135755.jpg

Speedy and Zoingo both went into the nest boxes like they were going to lay and then didn't. I went to check after they got out and... nothing 🤷🏼‍♀️ Moon laid her 3rd egg today... here they are in order!
View attachment 2837479
They are sooo pretty!!!!

I figured that was what Nugget was doing was just going in and not laying. I was shocked.

Your eggs look so big compared to mine

That is awesome. I got so exited when I got my first egg. Today I got three for the first time so I was very excited. I have 8 hens so I can’t wait until they all start to lay eggs
I am still excited everyday when even one lays... Im not sure that it will ever get old to find eggs! I still have a lot of girls that haven't laid yet, too. Some of them are from my second batch and are only 13 weeks old... so I don't know if they will lay this year or not :idunno let us know when you're other girls start! We love egg pics in this thread if you wanna share those 3 from today! What breeds of chickens do you keep?

Back
Top Bottom