Pics
I remember years ago when we got our first chickens. After about three years of fresh eggs, we had to begin buying them at the grocery store we were grossed out by the store eggs. No comparison.
Agreed. Pretty much rather do without. Tasteless, insipid things lacking substance.

Finally hitting full production. Today for the first time we got seven eggs from seven chickens.!! I will soon be able to bless many people with quality eggs.
wow that is so eggciting!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for all of mine lay but with the ones left I think I have a while since they are Brahma's and Cochins and don't lay until 6-7 mo (so may not be too long but my girls look like they have a little while, and 8-9 mo and 2 of them look like it could be the full 8-9 mo. and 1 looks close. LOL

I am still excited everyday when even one lays... Im not sure that it will ever get old to find eggs! I still have a lot of girls that haven't laid yet, too. Some of them are from my second batch and are only 13 weeks old... so I don't know if they will lay this year or not :idunno let us know when you're other girls start! We love egg pics in this thread if you wanna share those 3 from today! What breeds of chickens do you keep?
I am the same with being excited each time! I normally notice them in the box so then wait for the notification from my camera that they may have run of the box and go out and check right away. haahaa! Unless like the other day one runs in right after the other runs out. today they laid about 45 min apart so I got them right after each laid. And then STILL checked the box later (even though my phone didn't notify me that anyone went in there) just in case Annabelle went in and I missed it. LOL I can't wait to be getting them from my 7 girls! it will be so exciting to collect them all! And next year will be even better when I have 13-15 laying!!!!! I get excited just thinking about it!

wow that is so eggciting!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for all of mine lay but with the ones left I think I have a while since they are Brahma's and Cochins and don't lay until 6-7 mo (so may not be too long but my girls look like they have a little while, and 8-9 mo and 2 of them look like it could be the full 8-9 mo. and 1 looks close. LOL
I think my buff orp isn't gonna grow her comb and wattles until she's a year old :lau they look today like the day she hatched haha (and she is 22 weeks old now)

Last edited:
I am the same with being excited each time! I normally notice them in the box so then wait for the notification from my camera that they may have run of the box and go out and check right away. haahaa! Unless like the other day one runs in right after the other runs out. today they laid about 45 min apart so I got them right after each laid. And then STILL checked the box later (even though my phone didn't notify me that anyone went in there) just in case Annabelle went in and I missed it. LOL I can't wait to be getting them from my 7 girls! it will be so exciting to collect them all! And next year will be even better when I have 13-15 laying!!!!! I get excited just thinking about it!
I am so paranoid of having egg eaters... I also go collect them immediately 😅 I probably look like a crazy person running out there all day. It's just so neat to see the girls egg creations. Proud!!!

Back
Top Bottom