Pics
Today, at 18 weeks and 4 days... our lovely girl, Zoingo, laid her first egg!!! (She is either a Production Blue or Blue Rock, we don't really know).

This is the first egg of our flock, but several others look to be getting close! Zoingo has been squatting for about 2 weeks and pelvic separation has been there for about a week.

Here is the lovely girl having a dust bath and our first little egg! (The white eggs are fake ceramic ones)

View attachment 2824505View attachment 2824507View attachment 2824509
yay congarts

The small one is only 35g but the big one is a whopping 51g! 😳 I just weighed them to see how they compare to yours and to each other.
wow that is HUGE! well compared to mine. haahaa! Wonder if whoever laid it will keep up the bigger size or if that was just one of those misfires. My first one from my EE was only 31g. LOL but it is ok fresh eggs are fresh eggs will just take more to feed people. :)

Katniss has been laying for a couple weeks now and still the only one. We track it daily. It’s easy when it’s just one, not sure that habit will stick. Very cool to see the progress. She’s grown about 10g in her laying since her first. 38g and today’s was 47g!

Attachments

• 3822E3F2-DC4C-4F41-AD92-1F44AB9B7BE8.jpeg
    3822E3F2-DC4C-4F41-AD92-1F44AB9B7BE8.jpeg
    456.8 KB · Views: 4
  • D00F0F14-728F-4B2B-83C4-AEAEA009BF21.jpeg
    D00F0F14-728F-4B2B-83C4-AEAEA009BF21.jpeg
    656.3 KB · Views: 3
Katniss has been laying for a couple weeks now and still the only one. We track it daily. It’s easy when it’s just one, not sure that habit will stick. Very cool to see the progress. She’s grown about 10g in her laying since her first. 38g and today’s was 47g!
Nice! Mine laid her first egg on Aug 29th but didn't lay her 2nd for a full week on Sept 5. Since then she has been laying 6 a week. The first was 31g then she went up a tiny bit, but most have been around the 39-40g and haven't really changed. I think probably her last 15 or so have been around this weight. That is my EE. Nugget my SF was 35 or 36 for her first and she is now at 39-40 as well since her 2nd one. She has laid 8 eggs I think. She laid then skipped a day, then laid again, then skipped, then did 3 in a row, then a day off, and now 2 in a row if I remember right. So neither seem to be getting bigger as they go. LOL

Nice! Mine laid her first egg on Aug 29th but didn't lay her 2nd for a full week on Sept 5. Since then she has been laying 6 a week. The first was 31g then she went up a tiny bit, but most have been around the 39-40g and haven't really changed. I think probably her last 15 or so have been around this weight. That is my EE. Nugget my SF was 35 or 36 for her first and she is now at 39-40 as well since her 2nd one. She has laid 8 eggs I think. She laid then skipped a day, then laid again, then skipped, then did 3 in a row, then a day off, and now 2 in a row if I remember right. So neither seem to be getting bigger as they go. LOL
Nice 👍🏼 Kat is giving us 6 a week.

such pretty eggs!!!!!!!!!! and they look good size! My EE still lays TINY eggs! They are only 39-41 grams still and she has been laying consistently for a couple weeks. LOL
I weighed Moon's eggs today and they are right around 45g... she's at a week today. Maybe they will just stay petite.

Here's Moon's first week of eggs!
20210922_120112.jpg

Your girls are beautiful! :love I like how you write the weight on the eggs - smart!

still nothing from Annabelle and I managed (I think) to check her bones and I think they were close together so doesn't seem that she is really close. So guess my theory was wrong. But hey as long as they are starting to roost and I have 2 laying I am happy. :) But still excited for her to lay! haahaa.
I'm excited for Annabelle, and I've never met her! Lol! Checking the pelvic bones can be a little tricky at first, but once you find their location it's way easier to find again easily. My BCM surprise-squatted for me today (I thought she'd be another 2+ months before laying...) but I scooped her up and checked... and she has 2 finger separation! These girls really do whatever they want I guess :idunno

Back
Top Bottom