Pics
HOLY MOLY!!!!!!!! That is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!

Nuggets are still only 40-41G and Hummer is finally up to 44/45g (and hers seem "big" to me). Keep waiting to see if they will ever make it to a med size or stay in the small size eggs. LOL
Speedy is still only laying little 40g eggs, too. She's "suppose" to lay XL... her egg is like the same size everyday, I haven't seen it grow at all. The only exception is her couple of long double-yolkers! I wonder if hers will stay small forever, too.

Nice breeds! I wanted a silver laced Wyandotte before I ordered mine but just love fluffy feet so got a silver laced cochin instead. LOL I had ordered a Hamburg but they didn't come in so I ended up getting a sicilian buttercup instead (who passed away at 9 weeks. :( ). And I just LOVE the looks of lavender Orpingtons I may have to add that to my list if the feed store near me has them next year! one that isn't too far did this year but I can't order from 2 places since I can't get that many chicks. LOL I can only add another 8 to my gang and I want to hatch some out and keep a couple of those so can only order about 6 (may get a couple extra JIC I get a roo again or any pass).

What Brahma are on your list? I have 2 light brahma's but have buff on my list for next year. :)
My youngins... (9-16 week olds...) are Silver Laced Wyandotte, Lavender Orp, Starlight Green Egger, Prairie Bluebell Egger, Welbar, Welsummer, Australorp, EE, ISA Brown, Brown Leghorn, Barred Rock, Columbian Wyandotte, Gold Lace Wyandotte, Midnight Majesty Marans, F2 Olive Egger, Crested Cream Legbar and Mint Cream Bar....

I'm hoping my Lavender Orp doesn't have the shredder gene. I can't really tell yet...

My youngins... (9-16 week olds...) are Silver Laced Wyandotte, Lavender Orp, Starlight Green Egger, Prairie Bluebell Egger, Welbar, Welsummer, Australorp, EE, ISA Brown, Brown Leghorn, Barred Rock, Columbian Wyandotte, Gold Lace Wyandotte, Midnight Majesty Marans, F2 Olive Egger, Crested Cream Legbar and Mint Cream Bar....

I'm hoping my Lavender Orp doesn't have the shredder gene. I can't really tell yet...
Such a great mix. Can't wait to see all the eggs. What is the shredder gene?

ah ok. Thanks. hopefully she doesn't have it!
Hopefully! I'm keeping my fingers crossed... so far I think she looks okay. She's about 11 weeks old now. Here she is, trying to evade my attempted photo... Charlotte the Lavender Orp:
20211005_152726.jpg

Back
Top Bottom