Pics
Yesterday, at 22 weeks and 4 days old, Ginger laid her first egg! She is our Starlight Green Egger... and has been in and out of nest boxes for nearly 2 weeks!

I went to collect eggs and was quite confused because I found a white egg... and my one girl that will lay white eggs isn't quite old enough yet.

When I looked at video footage, I saw that it was Ginger... then I discovered if I get the egg wet, it's a lovely green color with speckles! It just has a VERY heavy bloom.

Here is Miss Ginger and her first eggie!

View attachment 2911910View attachment 2911911View attachment 2911912View attachment 2911913
wow that would have thrown me off! Pretty girl and pretty egg.

Damn you have a LOT that are laying now!!!!!!!!

I also wanted to share Zoingo's monstrosity from yesterday. I don't know how it came out of her, honestly. It weighs 104g... yikes!!!
View attachment 2911917

Here is is in the basket with the other eggies. It looks crazy.
View attachment 2911919
HOLY SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That thing is massive!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wonder if it will be a double or an egg in an egg!!!!! you will HAVE to get a pic of it when you crack that baby!

wow your egg basket is soooooo pretty with all those colors!

Even more confused on eggs I found.

Nugget normally does 5 in a row, a day off, 5 in a row etc.

Annabelle does 2 in a row a day off, 2, day off etc.

Last week Nugget laid Mon-Fri (5 days)sat off. Then Sun-wed (4 days). Nothing Thurs, then Fri and Sat and nothing today....

Annabelle started last Mon, off Tue, laid Wed and Thurs. Off Fri, laid Sat and Sun, laid Mon and Tue off Wed. Nothing Thurs. But then nothing Fri, Sat or today... Found the eggs Sat.
So we're they Annabelles from Fri and Sat when I would think she would lay? Or Nugget but if hers it would have to be from Thurs which would mean she would have laid 7 in a row....... Leaning more towards they are Annabelle's from Fri and Sat. Now to hope she lays in the box tomorrow

Even more confused on eggs I found.

Nugget normally does 5 in a row, a day off, 5 in a row etc.

Annabelle does 2 in a row a day off, 2, day off etc.

Last week Nugget laid Mon-Fri (5 days)sat off. Then Sun-wed (4 days). Nothing Thurs, then Fri and Sat and nothing today....

Annabelle started last Mon, off Tue, laid Wed and Thurs. Off Fri, laid Sat and Sun, laid Mon and Tue off Wed. Nothing Thurs. But then nothing Fri, Sat or today... Found the eggs Sat.
So we're they Annabelles from Fri and Sat when I would think she would lay? Or Nugget but if hers it would have to be from Thurs which would mean she would have laid 7 in a row....... Leaning more towards they are Annabelle's from Fri and Sat. Now to hope she lays in the box tomorrow
I think you're right... probably Annabelle trying to get her stuff figured out!

Especially since Nugget wasn't laying in the run, etc previously, it makes me think even more that it wouldn't be her.

HOLY SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That thing is massive!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wonder if it will be a double or an egg in an egg!!!!! you will HAVE to get a pic of it when you crack that baby!

wow your egg basket is soooooo pretty with all those colors!
My husband ate it this morning and I didn't get a pic :smackhe did tell me it was a double-yolker though! ...and that it tasted great... . . . Jerk. Hahaha

I think you're right... probably Annabelle trying to get her stuff figured out!

Especially since Nugget wasn't laying in the run, etc previously, it makes me think even more that it wouldn't be her.
ya. not sure if she "meant" to lay them there or if she went running off and they "popped" out. I know she has had 1 that did but it was right when she got out of the box so I couldn't tell if she wasn't finished when she ran out or if it jumped out of the box when she did since Nugget has done that twice. LOL

The run one who knows. Guess I see what is up this week and if she doesn't follow her pattern I really check the coop and run. I did peek in both a bunch today. LOL

wow that would have thrown me off! Pretty girl and pretty egg.

Damn you have a LOT that are laying now!!!!!!!!
It was really confusing for a moment! It looked like a perfectly white egg. After I washed it, it looks a little less white overall... but still pretty chalky hahaha. Her egg today was smaller and totally blue... I guess she forgot the spray paint today.

Screenshot_20211128-154453_Facetune 2.jpg

ya. not sure if she "meant" to lay them there or if she went running off and they "popped" out. I know she has had 1 that did but it was right when she got out of the box so I couldn't tell if she wasn't finished when she ran out or if it jumped out of the box when she did since Nugget has done that twice. LOL

The run one who knows. Guess I see what is up this week and if she doesn't follow her pattern I really check the coop and run. I did peek in both a bunch today. LOL
Hahaha yes I was wondering about that too thinking of those videos of the eggs popping out mid-run out of nestbox LOL

Hahaha yes I was wondering about that too thinking of those videos of the eggs popping out mid-run out of nestbox LOL
Lol yup. Well wish my cam picked up on more today.

So I wake up and check my recordings.

515am Nugget was moving around a bit.

540 it recorded something but it won't play it back for me, ugh!!!

546 it shows Annabelle in the box, not looking settles and Nugget jumping out of the box running. Lol.

642 they are both hunkered down in the same box.

I went out at around 650 and there was an egg in the box and one just outside the box that I am guessing may have been knocked out when they got out. I have no idea really whose is whose but think one just outside is Annabelle since it is a bit rounder and slightly more pink.

Screenshot of them both in the box.

Oh I checked the color of the egg I found in the coop the other day and it is still much more brown than the normal Annabelle and Nugget egg.... I thought maybe it was still damp before and that was why... So now not sure again. Lol

adding on: I thought I posted this at like 8am and just noticed that it never posted. OOPS! LOL

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211129-065224.png
    Screenshot_20211129-065224.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Lol yup. Well wish my cam picked up on more today.

So I wake up and check my recordings.

515am Nugget was moving around a bit.

540 it recorded something but it won't play it back for me, ugh!!!

546 it shows Annabelle in the box, not looking settles and Nugget jumping out of the box running. Lol.

642 they are both hunkered down in the same box.

I went out at around 650 and there was an egg in the box and one just outside the box that I am guessing may have been knocked out when they got out. I have no idea really whose is whose but think one just outside is Annabelle since it is a bit rounder and slightly more pink.

Screenshot of them both in the box.

Oh I checked the color of the egg I found in the coop the other day and it is still much more brown than the normal Annabelle and Nugget egg.... I thought maybe it was still damp before and that was why... So now not sure again. Lol

adding on: I thought I posted this at like 8am and just noticed that it never posted. OOPS! LOL

Ok, first off, HAHAHAHA @ them sharing the box. I don't know why, but that screenshot of them crowded in there made me smile. I love that they're just making it work - LOL.

Very curious about the egg situation... new egg layer?? But it was a pretty big size to be a first egg... I wonder if you get Annabelle and Nuggets eggs wet you can see who it matches better to? I think they do get progressively darker at the start of lay, so you might have to account for that as well. Ex: when my girls resumed laying... Speedy's eggs are a good demonstration:
20211114_140218.jpg

I was wondering what happened with your girls today and started a message tagging you to ask, but thought maybe you were just having a very busy day!!

Back
Top Bottom