Pics
Ok, first off, HAHAHAHA @ them sharing the box. I don't know why, but that screenshot of them crowded in there made me smile. I love that they're just making it work - LOL.

Very curious about the egg situation... new egg layer?? But it was a pretty big size to be a first egg... I wonder if you get Annabelle and Nuggets eggs wet you can see who it matches better to? I think they do get progressively darker at the start of lay, so you might have to account for that as well. Ex: when my girls resumed laying... Speedy's eggs are a good demonstration:
View attachment 2913863

I was wondering what happened with your girls today and started a message tagging you to ask, but thought maybe you were just having a very busy day!!
The darker one was the 48g one so pretty big for a new layer but not sure what Brahmas start at. But I haven't seen anyone new showing interest in the nest box. I also washed the run egg and once that one dried it lightened up.

Hard to get the lighting right. But the one with a ? Is the one laid in the run, the one with lots of writing was the coop one in question. Then a bunch of A for Annabelle and the N for Nuggets. The one next to the dark one and above it alone are the 2 laid yesterday. All those eggs are close to the same. The coop one is more brown than tan.

Attachments

• IMG_20211130_070219726.jpg
    IMG_20211130_070219726.jpg
    441.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20211130_070125708.jpg
    IMG_20211130_070125708.jpg
    527.2 KB · Views: 1
The darker one was the 48g one so pretty big for a new layer but not sure what Brahmas start at. But I haven't seen anyone new showing interest in the nest box. I also washed the run egg and once that one dried it lightened up.

Seeing them all together like that really makes me wanna say new layer on the dark egg!!

The run egg is so hard to say, it looks like it could have been either.... curious to find out what today brings!

Seeing them all together like that really makes me wanna say new layer on the dark egg!!

The run egg is so hard to say, it looks like it could have been either.... curious to find out what today brings!
Right now Nugget and Hummer are in the boxes and have been for 1.5-2 hrs and Annabelle keeps wandering the coop waiting. Lol.

Isn't that egg odd? But no new ones that color since... I think the shape of the run egg it was Annabelle. Hers are slightly fatter/rounder.

Haahaa. Annabelle got tired of waiting and went in with Hummer and laid her egg within 15 min. Then jumped out and all but knocked Hummer over who was starting to stand up. Then Hummer got out. But they both laid. Oh and Hummers was 53g!

Well now Hummer is back in another box.... No clue why. Lol. And Nugget is still hanging out in her box. Will give her a bit more time then kick her out.

Not 2 min after I posted this Nugget was out screaming her loudest egg song I have heard in forever, she is still going. Lol. Went to get her egg and either has calcium deposits or a heavy bloom. This is her egg from today.

Attachments

• IMG_20211130_100815705.jpg
    IMG_20211130_100815705.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Haahaa. Annabelle got tired of waiting and went in with Hummer and laid her egg within 15 min. Then jumped out and all but knocked Hummer over who was starting to stand up. Then Hummer got out. But they both laid. Oh and Hummers was 53g!

Well now Hummer is back in another box.... No clue why. Lol. And Nugget is still hanging out in her box. Will give her a bit more time then kick her out.

Not 2 min after I posted this Nugget was out screaming her loudest egg song I have heard in forever, she is still going. Lol. Went to get her egg and either has calcium deposits or a heavy bloom. This is her egg from today.
Oooooo what a cool looking egg! WOW on Annabelle's 53g egg!!! She's gonna be a heavy layer of deliciousness.

What crazy/funny girls. The nest-box dance is so entertaining to watch... never gets old :lau

So do you know who was laying the mystery egg then?
I am really not sure. I am guessing Annabelle but not sure why it is so dark....... But no new layers have laid since the day I found it (well Annabelle was the last "new" one to start 2 weeks ago) so I guess maybe it could be someone new that just hasn't laid again since? My 1st one to lay laid her first and didn't lay a 2nd until a week later, but my other 2 that are laying basically kept going once they started..... but going by Annabelle's pattern I would have to say it was her since she seems to lay 2 days in a row and a day off etc. And I found those on Sat and She didn't lay on Thurs so was due to on Fri and Sat and she didn't have any eggs those days, then she didn't lay again on Sun.....

I went out to get eggs this morning and found a crazy run egg of my own! They had scratched it all to hell but it's not broken.. It's a blue shell egg though, so it must have been Moon or Ginger by the looks of it. I'm thinking probably Ginger... she did a ghost egg yesterday, so maybe it snuck up on her this morning LOL. I will see if Moonie lays later today.
20211201_081948.jpg

Editing to add: ...the baby chicks come in today!! I'm so anxious to get them picked up from the post office and make sure they are all okay. Will post pics of each baby when they arrive :love

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom