It has been decided. We're going to import birds from Europe.

More power to you, Tigress, is you can do this- import your favorites and what you want, but you might consider the Chocolate Orp thing. I do believe you could make up some of your costs if you were able to get some of them here, either to resell or to start your own program and sell eggs and chicks.
Good Barnies would be another good sell, and perhaps some of the other colors in Orps that we don't have.

Tigress: I love the rumpless frizzles!
love.gif

I just love the look so adorable! I always wanted to start breeding some Brabanters! Love their link, too!!!!!
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
Best Of Luck!!!

Fluffy Bird -
cool.png

If you have the resource available to do this(now or in the future) and it's a dream of yours, I applaud you!
I actually like the look of the birds. Believe me, if you can get some rare breed into this country that noone else has, people WILL buy them.

Those frizzles are SPECTACULAR birds, as is the Roo in the top row.

I wouldn't consider keeping that costly of a bird ANYWHERE but in an a/c & heat controlled, predator PROOF building, though. I'd consider a detached (or attached!) garage, with heat/air & an automatic ventilation system. I sure wouldn't want them where a random coon (bear, dog, coyote, neighbor child, etc) could get to them.

Quote:
...or GATORS!! It is Ocala, FL. where my dog and I had a very scary encounter with a very large alligator!!
ep.gif
Good luck with your venture!

*sneaks Chocolate and Lemon Cuckoo Orps into USDA*

Pssh, I was just going to import these breeds for fun, but now you say people will go nuts if I have Chocolate Orps...? Very tempting...
lol.png

As for the Barnies and Brabanters, I was thinking of having Crele, Double Laced Barnevelders (new bloodline), and what I think they call 'Double Silver Partridge' Barnevelders? Brabanters would be Lemom Spangled, Cuckoo, Silver Spangled and Gold Spangled.

I'm thinking of ditching the Japs after what you guys have said. I still think they are adorable, but if they won't be able to pay for themselves in the end why have them? And the possible lethal butt gene is NOT happening here. I don't want to have to crack open eggs with thousands of dollars worth of dead chicks inside.

Back
Top Bottom