It is perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!! I can't wait until mine start laying (13 wk old RIR)
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif

One of my chickens started laying 4 days ago. The first one looked almost round but the ones after that look normal but a tad small. Do they get bigger? It is a full size chicken.

Quote:
They usually get bigger with time. You will notice a small change this year. Then, after they molt, they should be a good bit bigger. Bessie1994Snider just had a really big first egg.

Hello CONGRATS!! on your first egg.We are newbies and I think our babies will start in the next couple weeks.We will run up and down the street yelling...LOL
Enjoy more to come!!
JIM&LINDY

Thanks everybody and yes there is story behind her name. When they were little she and another chick were exactly the same ,but it turned out to be a he so now lives on a farm.

I feel bad I gave the wrong girl credit.
sad.png
Today I went out to check for eggs and Henriatte was in the nestbox with my rooster and panting heavy. I thought maybe she was going to lay an egg. So I shut the lid and waited sure enough a couple min later the roo came out and Henriatte followed a few min later. I went and checked and the egg looks exactly like the first. So here's a pic of her.

53743_chicken_egg_040.jpg

I didn't think she looked even close to laying so asumed she wasn't.

Back
Top Bottom