It Missed Us and My Biddies!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Yogiman, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Yogiman

Yogiman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    South Louisiana
    Wow! Now that was to close for comfort. For the past hour I have been ducking and dodging tornados. Had one on the ground less than a mile from me coming my way.
    Torrential rain coming down enough to strangle a bull frog. Got some 2 inches in the rain gauge in an hour. Grabbed my biddies and ran for cover. Thank goodnes it's over. Now to get my nerves settled. Dang this Louisiana weather!

2. ebonykawai

ebonykawai Chillin' With My Peeps

OMG, please stay safe!! How scary!

3. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    I'm so glad you are OK. I hope everyone in your neighborhood made it through OK too.

4. K&H Chicken Farm

K&H Chicken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    Keep safe!
    I lived in KS for 18 months. I will never live in That part of the conyry again! Give me my wildfires and earth quakes!
    Shelly

5. RepoBob

RepoBob Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    Glad your Ok. We just have cold. Not that wonderful, but better than tornadoes.

Stay Safe

Bob

6. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    I was wondering how you were when I turned on the Weather Channel earlier. Glad y'all are safe though! Don't think it's gonna hit us, but we're under warning and it's too quiet outside... I don't think I like it.

Yeah, Louisiana weather is CRAZY!

7. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

So glad you are safe. We are getting the ICE storm here. UGH! I just know we will lose power soon..alwyas doo...and me with eggs in the bator. [​IMG]

8. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

*Geez, Yogiman-- You live an exciting life!! I'm with Shelly- Earthquakes ARE, ummm, easier?? HOW'D you get the chickees wrangled so fast?? Stuff 'em in a box???

9. Yogiman

Yogiman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    South Louisiana
    Hey, thanks everybody. But the story doesn't end here. There is much more than this. As soon as I can get both of my nerves settled I'll tell you more. It's a darn good thing I don't like the taste of alcahol. Right now I have every reason to pitch a good one. [​IMG]

10. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh goodness! That mush have been so scary. I'm so glad that your ok. Y'all stay safe out there. There's so much crazy weather...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by