It seems we all have the fever!

Kelsey2017

Songster
8 Years
Jan 30, 2011
Two Harbors, MN
Tonight when I went out to close up the coop one of my Jaerhon hens was all puffed up in the nest box. Kind of ironic because I just had our first few eggs hatch in the incubator. Not that either of us have our timing right or that she will stay serious. I just thought it was cute since not a single one of my Jaerhons will sleep in the coop but she looked so cozy. I wish she had done that a week ago and she could raise the babies herself. They probably need to sit for a while anyway before they would get the instincts to stay with the chicks. Anyway I did take a few pictures with my crumby camera through a dirty aquarium (sorry) but you can tell which one is the tow headed little boy!
78476_014.jpg

78476_015.jpg

78476_67.jpg

FUZZ BUTT FIX!
78476_019.jpg

Some of the chicks I take to swap meets or sell at our farm and some I keep and some I hatch for other people. I sell eggs and I have people coming up a lot wanting to buy either layers or chicks. My excess boys I take to the auction after awhile. I keep them for awhile but now with more hatches I'll have plenty more and will have to make space. I did take the summer off as it was soooo hot but back into the swing of things again.

Last edited:
I don't know that I have any fever, but my cranky hens sure do!
wee.gif

I have one that should hatch the 23rd and the other around Halloween. I guess she tricked me! I let her set in self defense. She is intense right now, and I would like to stay attached to my various body parts...
hide.gif

Amazing that one 3 lb banty hen suits herself and the rest of us get outta her way!!

And Cmom those peeps are adorable! I think I want some!

My hen that went broody hasn't budged, I am really tempted to stick a couple of the unhatched eggs under her. Jaerhons are not really supposed go broody from what I understand, what is happening around here?

Quote:
Is that cage next to you bator your brooder?? That is neat looking!!

I have 25 in the bator right now too!!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom