Items stolen/Trespassing - Progress on our fence *pics post 91*

Thats horrible! I'm so sorry - I hope they catch whoever did it and you get your items back. Peace of mind will come when you feel more secure, trust me.

I know exactly how you feel
hugs.gif
- its why we moved out here, thought that was over...then about 2 months ago someone comes and cuts down my lilac bushes one week, then the following week - drives UP on my front lawn and tries to take (we think) my 19th century cast iron cooking kettle (too heavy thank god, has plants in it).
hmm.png
They didnt get it but, my sense of security was rocked. I mean....who cuts down lilac bushes??
hu.gif
Rotten people thats who.. none of my neighbors thats for sure. And before that about a month before, at 3:30 in the morning someone walked right up on our screened porch and tried to get IN our house!

Needless to say I now have many a friend in the sheriffs office who patrol our quiet (or so we all thought) little street and all the neighbors have guns for the most part. So... if someone tries to break in or steps foot on the property (any of them) ..be forewarned now.. ya get one warning..... and that's if you're lucky
smack.gif
(and before anyone says "you cant shoot them" yes we can...if we feel our lives are in immediate danger, yessir you can; you just cannot shoot someone to protect your property only, however.. you'd better believe DH can take out a leg in a heartbeat in that instance or hold them at gunpoint lickety-split)
gig.gif

Good luck Beth..... my prayers are with you and yours.

hugs.gif
Wow, that is crazy! People suck. That is all I have to say. I never feel safe. I trust no-one. I am so sorry this happened to you. Especially in your new home.
hugs.gif

And with this economy, it will probably get worse. (I hope not) I'm sorry Chevygirl that happened to you. And Hennysmom, I'm sorry your sense of security got rattled and gumpsgirl! OK EVERYBODY that had a break in! I hope it all gets better for you!

We had a house around the corner from us get broken into. And the police were suspicious of the occupants of the house across the street from our house. yikes. I'm always watching out my windows when I walk around the house - just to keep tabs on the goings on, I like to be extra cautious. The neighbors across the street (the one the cops are watching) never bothered us but I know they're on the rough side. We hear their fights and accidently got their mail in our box and it was summons for court appearances etc.

It's too bad you can't feel safe in your own homes.
sad.png

Quote:
Yep, that. People will steal anything, I had a freakin short little chain in the bed of my truck and somebody took THAT. I keep my replacement one locked TO the truck
roll.png

I took to locking everything outside with a chain that runs through my electric fence. Haven't had any problems with anything locked that way.

We have a Chow mix too. Makes me feel safe that nobody is gonna sneak in the house.

I agree with baldie, People Suck is something I say all the time. There is no other explanation except that people suck. I trust a VERY limited few people.

my prayers are with you - everything I owned worth anything was stolen 5 yrs ago. The psych damage is much worse than the total of everything that was taken.

I'm sorry this happened to you, the feeling of violation is awful. I was broken into several years ago and they took weapons not may knew I had and sure wouldn't have known where they were unless they had been in my house, or been shooting with me. I lost faith in a lot of people over it because I couldn't get over the idea that someone I knew could do that to me.
I would also insist on the SO coming out for the report, give them pictures of the stolen items, if they don't want to do that ask them how they intend to recover your items not knowing what they looked like.

Quote:
Maybe the dogs should start sleeping in the shed with maybe a dog run attached to it.

I'm sorry this happened. It really stinks. I hope the stuff gets recovered and the thieves get locked up.

Post a better description and the name of your town, and we can all start trolling the internet looking for the stolen property. Also check out local dealers. Someone might be "trading" your stuff in or selling it on consignment. Look at pawn shops too.

First off let me echo the many sentiments already ahead of me - I am SO sorry this has happened to you.

Next I completely understand what you're going through. My husband is a law enforcement officer with a goofy schedule that for days at a time has him working a night shift. Despite having guns in the house and having (albeit) limited experience using them, I don't think I would be able to unlock them fast enough and tell someone to stand by why I get my gun to shoot them with.
roll.png

Here are some thoughts we have had for our own protection:

1) Fencing the property and putting a cow shocker around the perimeter.
2) At the front gate and various other spots put ADT signs around.
3) Mount a real (if financially possible) or fake camera and put a sign saying something about the camera surveillance
4) Let my good neighbors know when I'll be home alone (with DD)

DH has said that B&E's (breaking and entering) have been picking up considerably these past couple of months. I'm positive it's the economy but still... it's quite scary. I hope some of our ideas for our property helps you for yours. And plus hopefully your sheriff's office will be happy to do random drive bys to deter any trespassors.

Bigs hugs and stay safe!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom