It's almost time! Duck buyers unite!

Not to take over the thread, but does anyone have an answer/answers to my previous questions? Thanks!

Sorry, I have never had ducks, only chickens. I would think if you add a pair and integrate carefully in the future you would be ok as long as you don't have too many drakes and not enough hens.

I'm not sure if ducks are prone to intestinal parasites?? Maybe someone else can weigh in.

Call ducks would be a great idea for pets, if the neighbors don't mind the loud quacking... Mallards are very friendly ducks. Campbells are friendly but don't always like to be handled. Runners are energetic, but friendly. East Indie Ducks are bantam sized like call ducks, but are quieter and much harder to find. I could go on about the duck breeds you could choose from.

Alright, I'm going to post a few questions relating to ducks hopingt his thread gets into the recent section.
1. I have been having serious problems finding niacin. I don't get the ducks until March, but I would really like to know where to get some B3! It seemed like walmart had a lot of options and I can order from walmart too. What should I do? If you have a reliable source for niacin, plz post the link. Thanks!
2. De-worming. I suspect my old chickens died from an internal parasite. What can I do to prevent my future ducks from getting an internal parasite? What dewormer works best?
3. Finally, I also need to find a good thermometer to use in the brooder to keep it the right temp. Any suggestions? Thanks!!!:frow

Alright, I'm going to post a few questions relating to ducks hopingt his thread gets into the recent section.
1. I have been having serious problems finding niacin. I don't get the ducks until March, but I would really like to know where to get some B3! It seemed like walmart had a lot of options and I can order from walmart too. What should I do? If you have a reliable source for niacin, plz post the link. Thanks!
2. De-worming. I suspect my old chickens died from an internal parasite. What can I do to prevent my future ducks from getting an internal parasite? What dewormer works best?
3. Finally, I also need to find a good thermometer to use in the brooder to keep it the right temp. Any suggestions? Thanks!!!:frow
If feeding Ducklings Chick starter they need extra poultry vitamins for the first two weeks.. Not niacin only..
I never deworm a Bird...They all have internal parasites..Care is needed if they get an over load..
I never use a thermometer...I go by how happily the Duckings move around.

OK so @chickens really , what vitamins do you give your ducks for the first 2 weeks? Where can I find those? And what should I do to help the ducks if an internal parasite gets bad?
Any all poultry vitamin .. I feed Duckling feed then grower then finisher plus add other feeds to balance out nutrition..
Ducks that are healthy do not get worm over loads unless kept in confined spaces and stress becomes a factor..
I do not use vitamins....But if feeding Chick starter it's needed..

Back
Top Bottom