It's just weird. Or "It isnt just famous people that die in three's"

Rhett&SarahsMom

Songster
11 Years
May 8, 2008
Last weekend my dh got a call from his father in Australia, that his step mother had passed away. Two weeks in the hospital, stabilized, sent home. Back in hospital two days later. Put into coma and then "let go" ie taken off life support by FIL. Years of having hepatitis, and smoking.
So FIL has been back in the states this week. Went to visit his brother. Was here yesterday(dh hasnt seen him since our daughter was an infant) And was supposed to be here today.Well he called his dads(dh's grandfather) this morning and got the news that HE died during his sleep last night.
So, while I am trying to get my mother and dh is trying to set up flight info to FL with his dad. My mom calls here and tells my dh that she is one the way to the nursing home because MY grandfather is dieing. Yup. I swear they got a package deal or something.

I am sitting here typing this with "Wow" being nearly my only thought as I wait for my mom to call me and let me know what is going on with my grandfather. DH talked with his dad and told him that he is going to stay here. Since I guess all that is being done in FL with his grandfather is signing some papers. He had everything spelled out and set.

Wow.. just wow

Bless your heart.
hugs.gif
I am sorry for your losses. I believe they do come in threes or so it seems. Same thing happened in my very own family. Within a two week period.

Give your DH
hugs.gif
too.

Speaking from a nursing point of view, and it does seem a bit uncanny but, in the nursing homes, these things seem to travel in threes. Maybe just coincedence but some folks seem to swear by it.

sorry for your loss. It seems that way for us too. My grandfather, his sister in law my great aunt and his brother my great uncle all died within 2 months. They were all ill so it was no shock but just that is was all at once.

Back
Top Bottom