it's not 2012 yet

Quote:
two shopping days?
roll.png

the end is suppose to be in a twinkling of any eye so I dont think people who are ready will even know it until after it happens... as far as it happining saturday, I think now it is one of the least likely days because someone has predictided it (no man knows the day or the hour right)... But ever since I read about it Ive had the R.E.M. song "it the end of the world as we know it" stuck in my head...
lau.gif

Quote:
Ok, here is the history of the idea the guy came up with. It is convoluted math.....you can manipulate any number into anything to justify any idea.......

As early as 1970, Camping dated the Great Flood to 4990 BC.[17] Taking the prediction in Genesis 7:4 ("Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth") to be a prediction of the end of the world, and combining it with 2 Peter 3:8 ("With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day"), Camping concludes that the end of the world will occur in 2011, 7000 years from 4990 BC.[6] Camping takes the 17th day of the second month mentioned in Genesis 7:11 to be the 21st May, and hence predicts the rapture to occur on this date.[6]

Another argument[18] that Camping uses in favor of the May 21st date is as follows:

1.According to Camping, the number five equals "atonement", the number ten equals "completeness", and the number seventeen equals "heaven".
2.Christ is said to have hung on the cross on April 1, 33 AD. The time between April 1, 33 AD and April 1, 2011 is 1,978 years.
3.If 1,978 is multiplied by 365.2422 days (the number of days in a solar year, not to be confused with the lunar year), the result is 722,449.
4.The time between April 1 and May 21 is 51 days.
5.51 added to 722,449 is 722,500.
6.(5 × 10 × 17)2 or (atonement × completeness × heaven)2 also equals 722,500.
Thus, Camping concludes that 5 × 10 × 17 is telling us a "story from the time Christ made payment for our sins until we're completely saved."[16]

Camping has not been precise about the exact timing of the event, saying that "maybe" we can know the hour.[19] He has suggested that "days" in the Bible refer to daylight hours particularly.[19] Another account says the "great earthquake" which signals the start of the Rapture will "start in the Pacific Rim at around the 6 p.m. local time hour, in each time zone."[20]

In Camping's book 1994?, self-published in 1992, he predicted that the End Times would come in September 1994 (variously reported as September 4[14] or September 6[21]). When the Rapture failed to occur on the appointed day, Camping said he had made a mathematical error.[22]

Quote:
two shopping days?
roll.png

gig.gif

Thank you for the explanation, Desertdarlene!

Last edited:
WyandotteTX, that reminds me of that Simpson's episode when Homer predicted the rapture, but when it didn't come, he realized that he was one number off and ended up predicting it correctly. Then, because no one else was saved, he asked God to postpone the rapture for a while and set everything back the way it was.

Haha...yeah. I just wonder how many days that old man sat there with a pad of paper and a box of pencils trying to manipulate all of those numbers to fit his ideas and beliefs..........I guess since his last guess was in 92...it took him almost 20 years to figure it out
smile.png

Quote:
Ok, here is the history of the idea the guy came up with. It is convoluted math.....you can manipulate any number into anything to justify any idea.......

As early as 1970, Camping dated the Great Flood to 4990 BC.[17] Taking the prediction in Genesis 7:4 ("Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth") to be a prediction of the end of the world, and combining it with 2 Peter 3:8 ("With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day"), Camping concludes that the end of the world will occur in 2011, 7000 years from 4990 BC.[6] Camping takes the 17th day of the second month mentioned in Genesis 7:11 to be the 21st May, and hence predicts the rapture to occur on this date.[6]

Another argument[18] that Camping uses in favor of the May 21st date is as follows:

1.According to Camping, the number five equals "atonement", the number ten equals "completeness", and the number seventeen equals "heaven".
2.Christ is said to have hung on the cross on April 1, 33 AD. The time between April 1, 33 AD and April 1, 2011 is 1,978 years.
3.If 1,978 is multiplied by 365.2422 days (the number of days in a solar year, not to be confused with the lunar year), the result is 722,449.
4.The time between April 1 and May 21 is 51 days.
5.51 added to 722,449 is 722,500.
6.(5 × 10 × 17)2 or (atonement × completeness × heaven)2 also equals 722,500.
Thus, Camping concludes that 5 × 10 × 17 is telling us a "story from the time Christ made payment for our sins until we're completely saved."[16]

Camping has not been precise about the exact timing of the event, saying that "maybe" we can know the hour.[19] He has suggested that "days" in the Bible refer to daylight hours particularly.[19] Another account says the "great earthquake" which signals the start of the Rapture will "start in the Pacific Rim at around the 6 p.m. local time hour, in each time zone."[20]

In Camping's book 1994?, self-published in 1992, he predicted that the End Times would come in September 1994 (variously reported as September 4[14] or September 6[21]). When the Rapture failed to occur on the appointed day, Camping said he had made a mathematical error.[22]

Mathematically speaking, and based on my theory of many facts; I was born on the 13th of November. If you add 1 plus 3 plus 1 +1 (the ones being from November, the 11th month) that equals 6. I don't like the number six, so we'll subtract one and make it five.

If we take that five and add my age, we'd be well into my 40's which I don't prefer to think about, so let's subtract 10 instead, putting me back into my 20's. If we add 54 to that, because I like that number, we'd get 70-something. The 1970's was a pretty good year for some music. This makes sense, logically, because the 80's had some really stupid music.

If we subtract 30 from 70 we get back into the 40's again, which I don't like, so let's subtract 50 instead. Now we're at 20. Subtract 10 from that, because ten is a good round number, we end up at 10. There were 10 commandments, so here we can note the clear and obvious biblical connection.

If we consider than Adam has four letters and Eve has three, we can then conclude that 7, again is a number of significance, especially since the earth was created in seven days. Coincidence? I think not. But now we must factor in the four horsemen of the apocalypse, since that is obviously relevant, thus coming to the number 11. I was born in November, the 11th month, so we can see the clear connection between me and the apocalypse. However, I don't have anyone in my family named Adam or Eve, and I don't have any horsemen in my family either, and I do genealogy, so I would know. Based on this, we can take me out of the equation.

That brings us back to the number seven, which everyone knows is supposed to be a lucky number. There are seven days in the week. If you start a typical week on Monday, Sunday would be the 7th day, and also known as a holy day. So it is both lucky and holy. It isn't logical for the earth to end on Saturday, because it's the eve of a lucky and holy day, and wouldn't give us time to get to church and pray.

Therefore, I can safely come to the conclusion that not only is the earth not ending on Saturday, but we can also conclude that theories made up on nonsensical garbage is not very conclusive or indicative at all. Hence, I would argue the above explanation and offer the theory that based on both mathematical and biblical evidence, we should be all set.

Back
Top Bottom