I've got a broody hen and.......hurry..

rancher hicks

Free Ranging
14 Years
Feb 28, 2009
Syracuse, NY
I have a woman on line who I'm willing to trade to get rid of these chicks. She's offered some MIlle wht evers but I don't need birds anyhow, how soon can I take chicks away from my broody? These are CM's and I've had such a hard time selling them that I don't think I'll be breeding them again. So anyone know if it will hurt her to take the chicks away. She has two or I could just keep them til they get bigger. It's been cold out and I haven't seen much of them but I expect at least one is a roo. Which I don't need. I want to go see her today.

I would think if she has a brooder to keep them warm they should be ok. We raise day old chicks all the time. So if she is set up to deal with them Heat, Water and a place for them let her make the call. If she is not set up for this then they will not make it if they are to young

You can take them away now without issue as long as the chicks are kept warm and fed adn watered they will be fine
smile.png

Thanks folks, I've had these CM chciks posted on craigs 3 times and they just aren't moving. So decided to see if someone would trade. I've been offered chicks and goat cheese and goat soap so why not? I just can't under stand I had to drive 5 hrs. to get this breed and now no one wants them? What gives?
The same w/ Dels. Well I sold some and gave some to friends, but not anymore I'll cull every one before I'll sell a single Del. I'm so ticked off. I'll have every square foot of my 3 acres covered in Dels, I don't care.

Well it must be best to do it at night cuz she went nuts. I had to leave them as they were all going crazy, screaming and all. I still have them but it's not the worst thing that happened.

Back
Top Bottom