Ivermectin question....

1 acre willows

Songster
Jan 15, 2018
Montana
So I was waiting on a squash to cook on the grill and looked over and re-read the headline of this print off the vet gave me for deworming the hoard.... does this stuff kill lice and what not too?

Attachments

• 20181025_213731.jpg
    20181025_213731.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 11
Im asking cause I butchered a rooster last week and it's the first one this year, with dusting and spraying, that didn't have lice on it. They were never bad but they had it one or two I'd find every bird I butchered. This one was after I did the 2 doses and 10 day wait in between... I also don't remember seeing anything in here on ivermectin killing external stuff. My memory is bleh at best most days that being said

Round, saw her go to bathroom next us with the sun shining on the stool and it was a moving. Took her in, at the vet's request, and a sample. He actually is a falconer, aside from the definitive round worms, and signs of slight lice very healthy birds. Made me happy, still try and keep a pretty close eyes on them

Would this kill mites?
It should kill mites.
Personally, I would use a Permethrin poultry dust or spray to treat lice/mites.
Ivermectin has lost some of it's effectiveness over the years because of over use. You need to do some reading before using it to make sure it's something you want to use.

It should kill mites.
Personally, I would use a Permethrin poultry dust or spray to treat lice/mites.
Ivermectin has lost some of it's effectiveness over the years because of over use. You need to do some reading before using it to make sure it's something you want to use.
Ok. I have a quail that has mites really bad. I treated him with the permethrin powder every week for a month and it did not seem to do much. Any ideas? Should I try the liquid?

Back
Top Bottom