Ivomec (scaly leg mites)...*PICS ADDED*

I have a chicken with serious scaey leg, and it looks like ivomec is the way to go. Where can you buy it from and does anyone know how is best to aply it

Thanks A.M

I've used the ivomec with great success. It has kept my silkies and other birds mite free although my neighbor has them in her flock. I highly recommend it.

is it ivomec or ivomectin? I'm confused on what to buy...
hmm.png

Quote:
I just read on a bird site that ivomec is very powerful and to NOT over dose or you could kill your birds. maybe chickens are hardier than the finches but Im a little frightened not knowing how much to dose?? read this thread and tell me what you think?also can't eat the eggs for how long? after dosing
http://www.friskyfinches.com/ivomec_plus.htm

Help, I beleive my chickens has this, my 4 younger silkie do not but my 7 older ones do, one of them has it really really bad. I have no clue of what to do, didn't even knew it existed until I saw pictures of it last night. I never really paid attention to there feet until tonight. One rooster has a really bad case of it, I soaked his feet in warm water, he seemed to really enjoy it, then I tried to clean them with Flea and Tick shampoo that I use for my dogs, not sure if I should have done that or not but I did notice a terrible odor, then I put tons of vaseline on his feet. My only concern is when I clean his feet with the shampoo it started to crack. I hope he doesn't end up with an infection.. Can a chicken die from this if left untreated?

When I went outside to check the others I noticed 6 more had it. I have no clue of what to do or how to handle this problem. I put vaseline on all the ones I could see who had it, when I put it on the girls they seem to cackle and fight me, does it hurt them just to touch it?

can these things get on me? or in my hair? How about my dogs, can they get it? How about our cats?

Should I be collecting their eggs still? Would these things be on the eggs and I could end up eating them without knowing? As you can see I fairly new at this, I would like any information to get rid of this. I plan on getting some seven dust tomorrow, cleaning out there coop, put new hay in and sprinkle the seven dust every where. I, also have Frontline Flea and tick spray for dogs, should I use this on my chickens feet, or use it in their coop?

I guess I will pay more attention to my babies feet for now on, is this a known problem with silkies because I have 2 older Rhode Island red and they are showing no signs of this. What is IVOMEC? If this works where can I get some? Does any feed place carry? Do you need a vets prescription to get it? I'm really worried about my babies help please...

When using Ivermectin, how long to wait until you can use their eggs? The label says 48 days for beef, but nothing for chickens.

When you all say Ivomec or Ivomectin, is this the same as Ivermectin? My cousin has Ivermectin and I'm going to dose my flock. I didn't realize my girls were bad at all until reading this thread.

AWESOME!

Back
Top Bottom