Jack Russell Terrier vs. Coon - Fight Photos & Dead Predator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
And what would you have written had you opened the post minus "Fight Photos," and seen the photographs of combat? Would you have been offended by the lack of decency to warn of graphic content?

I believe the point of the title was to avoid people being offended. If the content is clearly described, which I believe the title of this post is, how can one be offended by the photos included (especially when the post title includes "Fight Photos")?

I know it's been said time and again, but if a post is clearly titled as "Graphic," or "Fight Photos," and a person just can't handle graphic and combative, or bloody, why would that person even click on the the title?

I just don't get it.

I love it!! This post just made my day! I hate varmits! I love dogs that hate varmits! I only wish that you had some video to post on you-tube!! Give Titas some icecream!
bow.gif

Last edited:
Good Dog!

Thank you for sharing your story. I am surprised actually, I knew JRT's were tough little furballs but I had no idea they could take a coon. Glad it wasn't a bigger coon but you have one heck of a good dog!

thumbsup.gif

I honestly understand both sides to this...
I admit when i first saw the pics i was a little saddend by seeing a living creature getting killed like that..(because i kept thinking it was a long painful death)..even if it was a mean old chicken eating coon, NOONE likes to see something fighting for its LIFE.
BUT...then i also understood the OPs point..he was proud of what his little dog did...he protected his home and and even his human...(who was standing right there ..) so...lets not judge.. EITHER side..

in my earlier comments i was supportive of the OP and the dog..and i still stand behind that..

and no matter how you look at it...you cant deny thats a tough little dog!
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Boyd If it is inappropriate for you to even read the title, maybe you shouldn't be in the predator and pest forum passing judgement.

.[/b :

[/i]

I was in "recent posts", not the predator and pest forum. It was impossible to not see the title. If the "fight photos" wasn't in the subject line, I'm certain I would have kept scrolling past it. And the only thing I gave my opinion on (or "judged") was the OP's decision to make the fact known to everyone on BYC that they took pictures of their dog killing something, NOT the fact that they actually TOOK the pictures.​

I was in "recent posts", not the predator and pest forum. It was impossible to not see the title. If the "fight photos" wasn't in the subject line, I'm certain I would have kept scrolling past it. And the only thing I gave my opinion on (or "judged") was the OP's decision to make the fact known to everyone on BYC that they took pictures of their dog killing something, NOT the fact that they actually TOOK the pictures.

I gotcha. At the top and bottom of all pages it tells you which part of BYC's message boards you are on. Right above this text box is

index >> predators and pests >> JRT vs. la la etc etc.

Just letting you know so a flame war doesn't start and get the thread locked.

ETA: The recent posts you were looking at was on the main page. You have to be slightly careful before posting so you know the laws the mods keep us honest by.​

Last edited:
Good lord...does everyone have to agree here? Can't someone open a post and say "Yuck. I don't agree with that" without a long drawn out wrist slapping session? I clicked. I didn't like it. Sorry. It is not like there is some BYC kool aid we all have to drink from to be here. We can agree to disagree.

And I agree with what Keystone Paul has said about comments that are made here. Some of the stuff that people are talking about is going to cause problems for someone eventually. There are already members on here who found people who drug info from here into their real lives. Talking about cruel practices like antifreeze, etc. will only attract trouble to your door. SSS.

And I read it in recent posts too. Thanks for the tip...I will be sure to look at the Index line in the future.
smile.png

OP, I am glad your dog is OK and I am sorry your chickens had been attacked earlier.

Last edited:
Thank you for pointing that out, and I'm done ranting.
wink.png

And maybe I'm just jealous because I'm pretty sure a JRT could run circles around my Chows.....backwards.....

What KeystonePaul said has a lot of truth to it, and I agree.

But the OP never mentioned poison, antifreeze, sponges full of grease and shooting and burying somebody's dog.

P&P is a touchy area. If someone is so offended that they need to pass judgement on to us, we kindly ask them to move on before a flame war starts and gets a thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom