Jack Russell Terrier vs. Coon - Fight Photos & Dead Predator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats why I love terriers!!! They are a big dog in a little dogs body. They are sweet and can take care of business when needed!

Please call your local animal control and get the raccoon tested for rabies. Call your vet and ask what he recommends for your dog, he may need a booster. In GA, if the raccoon is positive for rabies, you would have to quarantine your dog for (I think) 4 months (at home). May be different where you are.

I'm glad your Titus seems to be ok
smile.png

When my dogs raise a ruckus (they are my shadows) as if something is going on outside I turn on the back light and wait a bit before I let the girls out. This is because I really don't want them to come in contact with a possibly rabid animals (they are vaccinated but still...) or take the risk of my girls getting hurt. My "girls" are a Parson Russell Terrier (Like Titus!) and the other an ex-military Belgian Malinois (think of a dog that looks like a fawn colored shepherd but fights like a focused JRT). The two of them would probably win but its not worth the pain for me as I would be a wreck!
th.gif
Titus gave a good terrier performance and he is a good boy--just try to not let the little fellow get into another tiff with a raccoon--he's way too cute!

I would also recommend to have the vet check out his wounds as bites have a tendency to abscess badly so he may need antibiotics along with the flushing them out a few times a day. I do bet that Titus really enjoyed the fight though.
yippiechickie.gif

Not trying to hijack this, but chickerdoodle, how does the Malinois do around your chickens? How does she rate as a flock guardian?

I would not have the raccoon tested for rabies because of the number of false positive test results. I would definitely call the vet about getting a booster for Titus. Glad the fight went in his favor.

its crazy what a little dog can take on my aunt had a manchester terrier mix and while she couldn't kill the coons or possums they weren't going anywhere once she got it cornered. terriers are awesome little dogs. i'm thankful that we really don't have raccoons where i live because i would hate for them to have to lose against my two dogs

Wow! Just looking at your pics made me feel so nervous for your dog!! Had a smaller dog end up with an ugly wound once due to such a tangle. So now I just want my BIG dogs to alert me so I can take care of it. My dogs are lovers, not fighters anyway...lol. Your tough little guy definitely deserves a big reward!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom