Jan./Feb. 2014 hatch a long

this is "pepper" she has 2 eggs...THEY ARE HATCHING
jumpy.gif
she's gonna be such a cute mama!! I gave her a hot water bottle in her crate...25 degrees tonight

Hello all!!! I am SO excited to have started my first hatch! I have 25 eggs in the incubator, and I'm really nervous that I'm gonna screw it up but we'll see how it goes. I'm on day 2 so a long way to go yet
I have 200+ pages to get caught up on this thread but looking forward to reading all about your hatches!

Any advice for a newbie?

~Jes

first faverolle baby is out!
clap.gif
day 20.. early girl
no other external pips yet
fl.gif

finally I can get *something* done around here, I have been glued to chick t v for the last 3 hours

Last edited:
first faverolle baby is out!
clap.gif
day 20.. early girl
no other external pips yet
fl.gif

finally I can get *something* done around here, I have been glued to chick t v for the last 3 hours
lol..I know how that goes once day 20 gets here. You just wait, for that first pip even. Congrats on your first baby. I love the favorelles. Even the bantam ones. They are sweethearts. This is my bantam favorelle Sweetpea that a friend now has. She is a great broody..not sure if the Large Fowl go broody as well??

Hello all!!! I am SO excited to have started my first hatch! I have 25 eggs in the incubator, and I'm really nervous that I'm gonna screw it up but we'll see how it goes. I'm on day 2 so a long way to go yet
I have 200+ pages to get caught up on this thread but looking forward to reading all about your hatches!

Any advice for a newbie?

~Jes

AND....

Normally, lock down is always on day 18.   Just lock down.  I used to lock down on day 19.  Didn't make a difference either way.  They come when they want to. I've had them pip and hatch right on the day that I've lock down on day 18.  Guess the chick was ready.  :)

Thank you for another view on when to lockdown. I was a bit worried about increasing the humidity on day 18 if they were not really ready. Like the extra humidity at that stage could drown them. So, now I see that is not a worry. I will still candle them on day 18 just to look for internal pips, then feel comfortable locking them down with increased humidity. I'm so excited for this hatch, Lavender Americaunas!

lol..I know how that goes once day 20 gets here. You just wait, for that first pip even. Congrats on your first baby. I love the favorelles. Even the bantam ones. They are sweethearts. This is my bantam favorelle Sweetpea that a friend now has. She is a great broody..not sure if the Large Fowl go broody as well??

oh I just love your broody, she is so wonderful and beautiful
love.gif

I really do I hope that I have some girls go broody next spring... I am also raising wyandottes which I have heard do go broody sometimes :)

I think LF faverolles go broody, but not obsessively like a silkie does.. that is what I am hoping for anyway!
wyandottes and favs are both known to be docile and sweet, I am hoping for a super laid back flock
smile.png

Any advice for a newbie?

~Jes

Hello and welcome!!
highfive.gif
what kind of eggs did you get?
I highly recommend the 2 links in my signature, particularly the Dry method
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom