Jan./Feb. 2014 hatch a long

Any good vocal chicken hatching videas?

Is that videos or ideas? XD Personally I can make a near perfect chick sound to the point that people cant tell it ISNT the chicks... But the way it is done requires you to curl the sides of your tongue up and that is a genetic trait only like 25% of people have... but basically you put your tongue in the "l/r" position in your mouth and try to make a "sh" sound. With a bit of work you get a high pitched short whistle that sounds JUST like a chick and can sound like a lot of other things too.

Just my thoughts...

Southchick! How goes your hatch?

Sounds like you were running low instead of high like I originally thought. Give them some more time. I've had chicks hatch a whole week late when temps ran low.
Wouldn't that require taking them out of lockdown, if you candle them? From my understanding, internal pips normally happen after day 18. Although, it'd be pretty evident if you can hear them chirping!

Is that videos or ideas? XD Personally I can make a near perfect chick sound to the point that people cant tell it ISNT the chicks... But the way it is done requires you to curl the sides of your tongue up and that is a genetic trait only like 25% of people have... but basically you put your tongue in the "l/r" position in your mouth and try to make a "sh" sound. With a bit of work you get a high pitched short whistle that sounds JUST like a chick and can sound like a lot of other things too.

Just my thoughts...

Southchick! How goes your hatch?

My oh my! Day 20 and I have my Wheaton eggs wobbling and tapping on the shell!!!!! My Maran eggs are still (but I expect them to be longer). No chirping yet. Getting happy to see new life enter this world!!
:clap

Day 12 is almost over...Temps are holding very well with a low of 100.8 and a high of 102.3...figure the internal temps are somewhere in between...humidity is staying between 38-44, add water when it hits 37 but only have to add the smallest amount...Candled a few eggs to check the air cells and they are exactly where they should be, little buggers are moving a lot more than the last hatch... Putting the incubator back into the spare room with a heater is working perfectly!

What is considered the best humidity level for a dry hatch? I've read a lot and even Farmer V's link but it seems the numbers are all over the board...

I live in Oregon, sea level of around 520 neither to dry and depending on who you talk to and what time of year moderately wet...

Did some research and found what I was looking for...
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom