Jan./Feb. 2014 hatch a long

Meet Twitch, the lone survivor of my first hatch. He loves being held and will sit still and be as sweet as can be, but put him in the brooder and he runs around and peeps non stop. I need to get him a friend next week when TSC starts their chick days here.

this one just hatched
So sweet!

No change in mammy. It's amazing watching the baby move around in their, her mucus plug broke about noon, but no babies, hoping for no complications.
fl.gif
Hope it's an easy birth!! Can't wait to hear the news!

Ok folks...were officially in lockdown mode!!! I couldn't stand it, talked myself out of waiting til 9 pm...lol... I will have more patients from here on I promise
lol.png

25 made it this far...
fl.gif
The 24 or so out in the brooder need some buddies lol......
It's so hard waiting, isn't it! Come on chickies!!!

Meet Twitch, the lone survivor of my first hatch. He loves being held and will sit still and be as sweet as can be, but put him in the brooder and he runs around and peeps non stop. I need to get him a friend next week when TSC starts their chick days here.
Awww...Cute post pics of his buddy when you get it!

It's so hard waiting, isn't it! Come on chickies!!!

the one that was rocking yesterday has stopped, but I know enough to know to not worry to much, my Daughter thinks I am a loon, I cant help it, I can be found every so often standing over the incubator with a flashlight looking at each and everyone and waiting for a pip!! LOL.. I know its too early and this being my 3rd hatch one would think I know that when they pip it will most certainly be when I am not standing over it lol

the one that was rocking yesterday has stopped, but I know enough to know to not worry to much, my Daughter thinks I am a loon, I cant help it, I can be found every so often standing over the incubator with a flashlight looking at each and everyone and waiting for a pip!! LOL.. I know its too early and this being my 3rd hatch one would think I know that when they pip it will most certainly be when I am not standing over it lol
LOL That would be the picture of me as well with the flashlight looking at the eggs (even to just see them move) I wish I could take them with me when I have to leave the house so I could keep an eye on them...I need a portable bator ( I don't think there is a such thing, but someone needs to make one! lol)

P.S. My son is the one who thinks I've lost my marbles(he's 16)...but he did think it was really cool when he saw the egg rocking around (maybe I'll convert him yet)

So lockdown is Monday for 8 of my chicken eggs, am I supposed to increase the humidity then? Because there are other eggs in the same incubator that don't go into lockdown until Friday.

So, this morning my temps are all over the place again...one of them reads 100* (digital) while the other is reading just under 104* (bulb type) These used to read the same. The digital one is lower than the bulb now (the bulb type is on top of the eggs) Not sure if one is a hot spot and the other cooler or because one is lower that it reads a lower temp...grrr (humidity popped up to 67%)

*Sigh*

Back
Top Bottom