Jan./Feb. 2014 hatch a long

Why oh why must they torment us like this! lol

LOL, I don't know but 4 am is alittle early even for me!! I haven't had this problem at all, keep a small space heater in the bedroom where I have the incubator and for the past 19 days I haven't had wide temp or humidity issues then WHAM... When I first saw that temp spike I thought I had a hatch, grabbed the flashlight and nope, not even a pip....
he.gif

When I actually do sleep I dream Eggs hatching, I cant sit still for more than 15 min... Got a few errands to run today and its driving me crazy...Why do we do this to ourselves???
lau.gif

6:50 am and I have been searching this site in a vain attempt to make myself feel alittle better, Temp is back where it needs to be but humidity is running between 70 -72% I expect that high for hatching not for day 19 and no pips.... Yesterday evening when I added water for lockdown it was holding at 60-63% for several hours before I went to bed...

Looking for the cause is driving me crazy lol..
he.gif

These are two of the chicks I brought home today. They were labeled "red pullet" so I'm assuming they're some sort of sex linked breed.

Here's a group photo. Two of the other four are GLW, and the other two are barred rocks. I really can't tell them apart though.

Last edited:
Had a chick that I helped out yesterday that is doing well..except..it makes no sound. Not a sound. I noticed it yesterday, but thought, well, it just needs to rest.,but usually they make a peep once in a while. The help went real well. It had such a large air sac, it couldn't turn, glad I did help. It had mostly absorbed it yolk, but I let it stay in the shell until this morning. Still, no sound while I got the egg shell off of it. It opens it's mouth like it's trying to peep. No sound. Very strange. It's a NN.

Had a chick that I helped out yesterday that is doing well..except..it makes no sound.   Not a sound.  I noticed it yesterday, but thought, well, it just needs to rest.,but usually they make a peep once in a while.  The help went real well.  It had such a large air sac, it couldn't turn, glad I did help. It had mostly absorbed it yolk, but I let it stay in the shell until this morning.  Still, no sound while I got the egg shell off of it.  It opens it's mouth like it's trying to peep.  No sound.  Very strange.   It's a NN.

Maybe it's mute. Or maybe the "voice" will develop given a little time. I would name him Louis from the book Trumpet of the Swan by E B White. One of my favorite books in my childhood :)

6:50 am and I have been searching this site in a vain attempt to make myself feel alittle better, Temp is back where it needs to be but humidity is running between 70 -72% I expect that high for hatching not for day 19 and no pips.... Yesterday evening when I added water for lockdown it was holding at 60-63% for several hours before I went to bed...

Looking for the cause is driving me crazy lol..
he.gif

it'll be fine...a lot of people try for that humidity...what did you incubate at?

Back
Top Bottom