Jan./Feb. 2014 hatch a long

Quote:
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Southchick...I'm pretty sure it's your incubator is too cool in some areas....how are they this morning?????
pop.gif

I'm waiting for some ducklings!!
big_smile.png

ok, today is day 20, woke up to peeping noise!! woohoo!!!
love.gif
no clue which egg is making the noise as have 18 silkie eggs locked down right now, I am hopeful though!! no external pips yet either that I could see.....

1st chick is OUT!!! Of course it popped out while I was sleeping lol but I woke up to it bumping around in the bator!
I am trying to upload pics but am having issues for some reason... Got it

This is great...looking forward to more pictures of your peeps. Looks like this one will have chipmunk stripes, the wife and I love those kind...wait we love all of them... :)

This is great...looking forward to more pictures of your peeps. Looks like this one will have chipmunk stripes, the wife and I love those kind...wait we love all of them... :)
I know right?!?! Can't help but love all the cuties...I keep looking at different breeds and thinking " I would love to have one of those"...or two...lol

Both eggs were pipped to find membrane filled with blood. I'm baffled. I have 14 healthy chicks out of the 16 that hatched. Very happy :)

Heidisgran, I opened them last night. Both gone. One lots of fluid still, other fully developed. No internal pipping. I'll be doing earlier intervention if this happens next time, I guess. Quite an experience.
Things I've concluded about hatching chicks: do it with optimism, and never give up on a questionable egg. I've had two die after hatch. Both seemed markedly weaker in the beginning, and nature took its course. A few others mysteriously didn't hatch. I've had under developers, and not so obvious ones. I definitely must have uneven heating. Overall, I've experienced a span of emotions. This is life I'm helping into this world, and I don't take it lightly. I'm floored at how many I thought weren't going to make it, actually did great!! Small miracles like these are so rewarding :)
Hope your adorable ducklings hatch easily. Can't wait for pictures!!!!
Thanks for all the support of this group. It's great to experience this with you!!!:hugs

My chicken eggs are rocking, is this normal?
Also, how do I tell if there has been an internal pip?
And if there has been an internal pip, how long before they hatch?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom