Janoel 12 incubator help!

littleducks

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 7, 2014
Outback, Australia
Hi!
I recently got a Janoel 12 egg incubator but the lady I bought I from had lost the instructions! I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this type of incubator and if they had any step by step how to instructions for me?

Hi I recently just purchedes a janoel 12 (jn12) and I was just wonderin if you have any clue if it has a built in humidy system and if so how to use it thanks

Ill be using 27 quail eggs in this incubator I hope I have a good hatxh rate thanks

I'll re-write the instructions(I'll post pictures of the figures)
Note before starting anything: The incubator can be put into use after a 2 hour trial run

[/URL]

Operating steps:
1. Put the mesh with the rail(big mesh)(fig.1) into the incubator.
2. Put the moveable egg tray (fig.2) on the mesh with rail, please do it within the rail.
3. Put the egg tray grille ( fig.3) into moveable egg tray according to size of egg for incubation.
4. Put the hatching egg into moveable egg tray(fig.5) for incubation, pay attention that after each egg is put into the grille, there should be 5mm clearance at least for convenient turning of hatching egg, inject 100ml water into the base after the hatching egg is put, check once for every two days so that the incubator is not short of water. Every water injection shall not be more than 100ml, take down the date of placing hatching egg so as to well control the hatching time. It's best to place the incubator on 60-100cm for convenient insertion of link rod.
5. When closing the cover(fig.7) , the link rod must insert the shifting slot of moveable egg tray, so that the egg tray can shift normally.( in other words, the cercley thingy coming out of the top with a rod in it has to be attached to the egg tray by putting the rod into the egg turner square hole to make sure that the incubator turns the eggs well)
6. Switch on the power supply after closing the cover, and set temperature according to push-button instruction and incubation technology. If the user has no time to care about the temperature, the temperature can be set at 38‘c from the first day of hatching, and it can be set as 37.5 - 37.8C since the following day of hatching.
7. It moves to hatching tray 3 days earlier than incubation period for other poultry
8. It usually takes 3-4 days less than the number of incubation days for egg tray replacement, replace the egg tray once one or two hatching eggs are seen hatched, take all of the hatching eggs off from the incubator firstly, then take the moveable egg tray with mesh with rail out, check the water level, then put the hatching mesh( fig. 10) and egg tray in and put the hatching egg on the egg tray, shown as fig. 11.
9. After closing the cover and switching on the power supply, the hatching situation can be observed.

P.S. I skipped all the boring safety instructions;)

Happy hatching!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please keep us posted!

I just purchased a Janoel 12 incubator and the instructions are like Greek to me! Can't figure it out. Can anyone tell me if leaving the temp set at 38c works and how you figure out what the humidity is? I've pushed the button on top and all it gives me is temp.

Does everyone leave it at the factory pre-sets or make adjustments?

I just purchased a Janoel 12 incubator and the instructions are like Greek to me! Can't figure it out. Can anyone tell me if leaving the temp set at 38c works and how you figure out what the humidity is? I've pushed the button on top and all it gives me is temp.

Does everyone leave it at the factory pre-sets or make adjustments?

My Janoel 12 does not include a humidity monitor. I purchased two monitors (as I always have at least three in each incubator anyway) to monitor humidity.

I set my Janoel 12 for 37.5 Celcius (99.5 degrees) since it includes a fan...

This is were additional monitors are a must, because I like to take the temperature at egg-level rather than immediately trust the incubator.

Thank you so much for the info! What do you keep your humidity at?

I set this one up yesterday just to run and get used to it. Running empty currently. I added 100 ml of water yesterday as instructed, but unless my hygrometer is way off, it's running around 69 - 70% humidity. Way too high!

How much water are you using and how often are you adding? Thanks!

i also have the Janoel 12 incubator & it came with no instructions, i have managed to get some information on here, from what i have read you should add 100ml of water every 2 days. im not sure if this is a good incubator, some of the digital displays are hard to understand, such as L5, H5, CA ive got no idea what this means, it obviously something that can be adjusted but im not sure what ! 1 of the displays is HU so i owuld think this is the humidity. Well i think i will need a lot of luck with this incubator.

I got mine pretty cheap off ebay and it seems to work great. I completely left it alone the first week and they all looked great until I forgot to add water and the temp went over 40 C so do not forget the water! :hmm I really feel bad but we all make mistakes... I still have them in to see if they're still alive or if I saved it in time. I really hope so. But I learned the water is very important to keep the temperature in check. It's ok if you live in an arid climate like new mexico to add 2 cups of warm water. the humidity stays stable until you run out of water. You just have to check every once and a while so it doesn't run out. And it will start blinking when something is off like humidity or temperature.
If everything goes well I'll hatch 8 ancona barnevelder mixes by Valentine's day
1f604.png
1f604.png
1f604.png

Last edited:
i've had mine running with eggs in it for the last week and a half. I candled the eggs at 7 days and there are live chicks. :)

I do have to adjust the temp down slightly on warmer days and back up to 38 when it's colder. The ambient temp here seems to make a big difference on the internal temp of the incubator. I found that putting water in the bottom kept the humidity way too high , so I found a small cup and keep water in it. I'm keeping the humidity around 35-45 for incubating. I'll increase it for hatching.

Back
Top Bottom