Janoel incubator

kmern

In the Brooder
Feb 15, 2022
Can anyone tell me how many millimetres of water 100 ml is from the bottom? I keep topping it up but not sure if it is going more or less than 100ml. I don’t have a humidity reader. Two chicks have already hatched and are cozy in the incubator with more on the way and I want to make sure the humidity is correct.

I used the Janoel 12. It really helps to have a humidity reader (Hygrometer) because what’s important isn’t the amount of liquid water in the bottom but the amount in the air. You don’t want to overdo it.
The humidity of the air in your room affects it too. Very dry, and you need more water.
All that said, if 2 have hatched successfully, then you’re probably doing OK. How many eggs are there?

I used the Janoel 12. It really helps to have a humidity reader (Hygrometer) because what’s important isn’t the amount of liquid water in the bottom but the amount in the air. You don’t want to overdo it.
The humidity of the air in your room affects it too. Very dry, and you need more water.
All that said, if 2 have hatched successfully, then you’re probably doing OK. How many eggs are there?
Oh good. That is reassuring. Two fully hatched eggs, with two eggs that are just in the pipping stage. Then there are 4 more eggs to hatch after that. Unfortunately they are hatching at different times because we placed eggs in the incubator each day as we have a rooster and hen already. This is our first time incubating, so hopefully the next time goes smoother.. lol.

I have also read that I will need to take out the hatched chicks at around 24 hours, which will be later tonight. I am hoping the pipped chicks will be fully hatched by then as I am afraid of drying out their membrane, which happened to the first chick but fortunately he was able to break through. Would you recommend to take out the hatched chicks really fast or wait until the pipped ones are fully hatched?

Back
Top Bottom