January to February 2024 Duckling Hatch-Along!

Pics
It’s update time (8) :jumpy

@Luv Ducks Tinker Bell, not that surprisingly, hatched in the middle of the night :lol: I believe it was around 1:00 AM my time, but I didn’t find they were out until 2:00 AM. I’ve named them Coconut Cream.

Coconut right as I found them hatched and zonked
IMG_2094.jpeg

@tlcmurphy Egg 31, actually surprisingly, was pipped and attempting zip the same time I discovered Coconut was out! Little baby’s membrane was all dried up, and they were chirping loudly for help. I did a full assist and.. well, baby was malpositioned! Specifically, the head-away-from-air-cell malposition.. except they WERE in the air cell..? They were upside down!! :rolleyes: I’ve named them Coffee Toffee.

You can clearly see Coffee’s foot is not the right way ‘round :lol:
IMG_2098.jpeg

Coconut and Coffee keeping Quacker Jack’s egg warm :D
IMG_2117.jpeg

@Sally PB Lincoln was the 2nd to pip, but 3rd to hatch. They begun their zip around 2:30 AM and were fully out on their own by 5:05 AM. I’ve named them Strawberry Bonbon. Also congrats - Strawberry is the only other crested duckling! :)

Strawberry right after they hatched
IMG_2115.jpeg

@2ndTink Quacker Jack, as you know, took the longest to hatch. Around 4 hours after my last post, they begun to zip, but I noticed they were having trouble getting their footing to zip due to the massive hole I made in their air cell :barnie However, after taking their egg out of the ‘bator and firmly holding the cling film in place, they were able to zip the rest of the way all on their own :celebrate I’ve named them Peppermint Bark.

Peppermint, with the craziest, messiest egg shell I’ve ever dealt with - cling film on the left, zipping on the right, and a crack formed in the middle :eek:
IMG_2158.jpeg

And hatched
IMG_2174.jpeg

And of course, everyone together!
IMG_2176.jpeg

IMG_2214.jpeg

**Edit to add drawings
3AC719F6-9C43-46F5-9019-890F115D8404.png

86947CDB-24BF-47E5-8643-2F7825733735.png
4854D201-F30B-45B0-A986-66EDA27A724C.png

D65B5FAA-F0F0-429E-B8BF-43FB35C1AF47.png

Wow, I can’t believe this hatch-along has finally come to an end! Thank you so much to everyone who participated and cheered the eggs on. This was an amazing experience, and I’m so glad I got to share it with y’all :hugs
I will more than likely post progress photos in the coming weeks, both in this thread and on my profile. Feel free to stop by and check them out! And once again, thank you! 😊

Last edited:
@Sally PB Lincoln was the 2nd to pip, but 3rd to hatch. They begun their zip around 2:30 AM and were fully out on their own by 5:05 AM. I’ve named them Strawberry Bonbon. Also congrats - Strawberry is the only other crested duckling!
Lincoln has a stove pipe hat! :)

Aw, so cute, little Strawberry Bonbon!!! :love

@Luv Ducks Tinker Bell, not that surprisingly, hatched in the middle of the night :lol: I believe it was around 1:00 AM my time, but I didn’t find they were out until 2:00 AM. I’ve named them Coconut Cream.

View attachment 3746839

@tlcmurphy Egg 31, actually surprisingly, was pipped and attempting zip the same time I discovered Coconut was out! Little baby’s membrane was all dried up, and they were chirping loudly for help. I did a full assist and.. well, baby was malpositioned! Specifically, the head-away-from-air-cell malposition.. except they WERE in the air cell..? They were upside down!! :rolleyes: I’ve named them Coffee Toffee.

View attachment 3746840

View attachment 3746841

@Sally PB Lincoln was the 2nd to pip, but 3rd to hatch. They begun their zip around 2:30 AM and were fully out on their own by 5:05 AM. I’ve named them Strawberry Bonbon. Also congrats - Strawberry is the only other crested duckling! :)

View attachment 3746843

@2ndTink Quacker Jack, as you know, took the longest to hatch. Around 4 hours after my last post, they begun to zip, but I noticed they were having trouble getting their footing to zip due to the massive hole I made in their air cell :barnie However, after taking their egg out of the ‘bator and firmly holding the cling film in place, they were able to zip the rest of the way all on their own :celebrate I’ve named them Peppermint Bark.

Peppermint, with the craziest, messiest egg shell I’ve ever dealt with - cling film on the left, zipping on the right, and a crack formed in the middle :eek:
View attachment 3746846

And hatched
View attachment 3746863

View attachment 3746848
View attachment 3746849
**Drawings still being worked on.. :rolleyes: I’ll edit this post and add them in later today if you’d like to see them.

Wow, I can’t believe this hatch-along has finally come to an end! Thank you so much to everyone who participated and cheered the eggs on. This was an amazing experience, and I’m so glad I got to share it with y’all :hugs
I will more than likely post progress photos in the coming weeks, both in this thread and on my profile. Feel free to stop by and check them out! And once again, thank you! 😊
Thank you so much for the fun of the hatch. My little Black East Indies Duck here in Ohio that I was going to buy has not made it. It's bill was deformed so it died shortly before hatching. I will be by later today to pick up Coconut, lol. I WISH!!!!! This was a lot of fun so thanks for the time you put into it and for sharing the fun with all of us.

View attachment 3746839

View attachment 3746840

View attachment 3746841

View attachment 3746843

View attachment 3746846

And hatched
View attachment 3746863

View attachment 3746848
View attachment 3746849
**Drawings still being worked on.. :rolleyes: I’ll edit this post and add them in later today if you’d like to see them.

Welcome Peppermint! Great name choice, peppermint bark is a favorite of mine 😃 I also had a horse with Peppymint in the name, granddaught of Peppymint Twist.

Congrats on the great hatch!

View attachment 3746839

View attachment 3746840

View attachment 3746841

View attachment 3746843

View attachment 3746846

And hatched
View attachment 3746863

View attachment 3746848
View attachment 3746849

I love Coconut so that was a perfect name for Tinker Bell.

View attachment 3746839

View attachment 3746840

View attachment 3746841

View attachment 3746843

View attachment 3746846

And hatched
View attachment 3746863

View attachment 3746848
View attachment 3746849

Congrats on the great hatch! ❤

View attachment 3746839

View attachment 3746840

View attachment 3746841

View attachment 3746843

View attachment 3746846

And hatched
View attachment 3746863

View attachment 3746848
View attachment 3746849

Congratulations and welcome new ducklings! :frow Y'all are adorable! 😍

Thanks for sharing the hatch-a-long, look forward to seeing them grow!

Picture update! (1?)

It’s been a week! I think it’s about time for a picture update on the ducklings :p

The picture is a bit blurry, but I quite liked Laffy’s slicked-back hairdo! 🤣
IMG_2378.jpeg

IMG_2395.jpeg

@TwoCrows Peach has started getting some gorgeous, brown feathers growing in
IMG_2271.jpeg

IMG_2443.jpeg

Whereas @ElfenLied89 + @Nero70002 Prickly, @Debbie292d Banana, and @fluffycrow Guava are all looking more silver / black, and have some chocolate feathers coming in!
IMG_2345.jpeg

IMG_2434.jpeg

IMG_2445.jpeg

A couple more pictures of the “Big 5”
IMG_2389.jpeg

IMG_2387.jpeg

IMG_2423.jpeg

Here’s @ElfenLied89 + @Antiocheggers Lemon, @Luv Ducks Coconut, @tlcmurphy Coffee, @Sally PB Strawberry, and @2ndTink Peppermint all together, aka the “Little 5”
IMG_2419.jpeg

IMG_2420.jpeg

IMG_2482.jpeg

IMG_2483.jpeg

IMG_2490.jpeg

I’m in love with the Big’s distinguished appearances, and I can’t wait to see how the Littles will look all grown up! ☺️

Maybe I should do one of these every week? We’ll see :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom