Japanese Coturnix Quail Color Varieties!!!!

Pics
White crossed with tibetian will get tuxes,not sure about silver i bought my roo,i have some chick due friday from him. fingers crossed i get silvers

i was looking for one for ages,i was buying some new stock from a breeder and he had a silver,he said it was a hen but it is a roo. someone else might have info on how to breed for them

Good information, the pix are very helpful :) I want to stay away from line breeders for color as well as strains with low viability and lethal genes, is there a breeder you can recommend? I am looking for a breeder line with excellent layers and meaty birds. I will be tracking my breeder flock for egg production and feed/egg conversion and my meat flock for feed/meat conversion and bone/meat ratio. It would be nice to find some like minded breeders. Thanks

Good information, the pix are very helpful :) I want to stay away from line breeders for color as well as strains with low viability and lethal genes, is there a breeder you can recommend? I am looking for a breeder line with excellent layers and meaty birds. I will be tracking my breeder flock for egg production and feed/egg conversion and my meat flock for feed/meat conversion and bone/meat ratio. It would be nice to find some like minded breeders. Thanks
James Marie Farms is supposed to be a really good place...I dont have any personal experience with them though

I am new to raising quail and was wondering what type of quail this dark brown one is. Can anyone tell me, he/she is the only one like this out off the eggs that hatched?
If it is really dark once it dries out ....its probably a Tibetan, if it is really dark with e white face/front its a tuxedo, if it is somewhat dark colored and its first feathers appear to have tiny stripes, its probably a rosetta

Back
Top Bottom