Jean(pips & peeps) color help please! ameraucana

klf73

Mad Scientist
14 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Maine
here is the *roo* that hatched with that nice golden color.
11313_dscf1161.jpg

Krista

I can't remember if this is the one I'm keeping or placing, but it is a roo definitely, right?
they didn't want their pic taken
11313_dscf1162.jpg

Last edited:
Second one is DEFINITELY a roo... Not sure about the first. Comb pics would help! Judging by the skin around the beak vs. the white-headed roo, I'd say pullet, but I'm not 100% sure.

first one's comb is just as red. I was curious what color
hu.gif

was supposed to be wheaten/blue wheaten, but doesn't look like the rest

The second picture is a wheaten roo, the feathers on the head will change and by the time he is about 6-8 months old, he should have the correct plumage.

The first picture is of a roo also, it is what should have been a blue wheaten. I have a hen that has more buff color to it in my breeding pen. Obviously, I need to remove her and put her in the laying facility as she is not throwing quality chicks.

Looks like you have a few roosters there......

The "red one" as my kids call him, is extremely friendly. I only got one pullet out of wheaten/blue wheaten
sad.png
. Jean can you tell me what color the roo in front of the "red one" is, facing the same direction, that is the same color as my only pullet too.
Thanks
Krista

I will get a pic tomorrow. I would bet blue wheaten. In your opinion, if you could keep one roo, which would be the best color? The only pullet looks identical to the *blue wheaten*, what are the color possibility of wheaten X blue wheaten or blue wheaten X blue wheaten ?
Thanks
Krista

Back
Top Bottom