Jerk Neighor is now considered a predator!!!

duc.gif
Wow, that is all I can say... WOW!!!! Good luck!!

Mollie

You mentioned you have 2.5 acres, so how wide is the border where the chickens are strolling over to your brother's place?? Deer netting is cheap, and although it's flimsy, it works well at keeping chickens in - you get 100 ft. length (6 ft. tall) for around $15. Sink posts (wooden or metal) every 10 ft. or so and run that stuff across the border.

Good luck !
smile.png
To bad you have to protect your chickens from your brother .
barnie.gif
Families are indeed strange with what they feel is acceptable behavior.
he.gif
Most would feel this is not acceptable , esp since you really are limited to what you can actually do to try & keep family peace. But in reality you are the better person .
fl.gif
Many good thoughts & wishes go with you on your difficult journey of healing on 2 different levels.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

We had some hens last year that were too good at ranging. They simply went too far. We have a neighbor, Diane, over 300 yards away, who is a great neighbor. She is even a good egg customer. BUT.... she likes her yard chicken free. No poop. No digging and scratching. She has made it abundantly clear that any chicken that lingers on her property will become chicken soup, as is her absolute right. Her land. Her crock pot!!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
I take her at her word. My hens lose all their rights by leaving our property.

There has been no hens over that way in a year and there will not be. But if one should make it that far ever again, I intend to ask Diane if she'll invite us over to share the soup.

Last edited:
put up your 4' pen, take a 10 ft metal pole and drive it in the ground right in the middle of the run, and take birdnetting and drape it over the pole and attach to the top of the 4' fence. Not very pretty - but works for a temporary fix.

Your best bet is electric poultry netting. A relatively cheap and easy fencing solution that allows for the flexibility of moving your birds to fresh graze while keeping them safe from your brother...er, predators.

we use the deer netting an snow fencing for cheap an easy chicken fences.just zip tie it to poles about every 10 ft.sorry you brother is being a jerk but it is our job to keep our birds on our property.when some one post up that a persons dog came next door an killed the birds everyone is yelling shot it.well we have to remember sometimes that goes both ways good luck an hope you get a fence up an tell him to aim for a roo next time.

m&m chickens :

Quote:
The thought of shooting him crossed my mind - believe me! but, since I work for the vet he uses, I hope he likes paying full price for everything from now on!!

It's going to suck to be him
smile.png
Sorry about what has happened. Maybe you could use one of those electric fences.​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom