Jessika's Oregon Mini Farm ...Pics of chicks from BYC eggs!

Jessika

Songster
11 Years
May 31, 2008
Eagle Creek, OR
I figured I would just keep reusing this thread when ever I want to show off Pics....so always more to come...what started this thread was I wanted to show off all the cute little chicks I have...thanks to BYC members eggs.

I live on 4 acres nestled on a hillside. There are very few "flat" spots here....forget about things being level. I have found our critters adapted to it a lot faster than me. Note to self: next year fire wood goes to the top of the property (instead of at the bottom). Walking back up to the house with a hefty arm load can be challenging.....depending on how much traction you have and how much muss was made from the rain.

Here is a picture of the house. I rent so many choices not up to me....I am just thankful that they let me keep all my critters around. It is amazingly hard to rent with large dogs. Livestock was not an issue for some reason when we shopped for houses though. I do love it here but I am happy to say we are buying a house this spring.

Excuse the tarp in "garden area". I stuck some wood up here so I can be lazy for a few days.
wink.png

000_0708.jpg

Last edited:
Ok...to start with I should thank everyone for their eggs.....Thank you!!!!!!

SundownWaterfowl
CatCobb1983
ParkerPA
Harley's girl
ParkerVA
hinkjc
barnyard
halo
MissPrissy

I had one zero hatch and some small hatches but not anyone's fault. All eggs arrived safe, and some eggs (if not all) tried to develop. I just started incubating so I think I did pretty good for a beginner.
big_smile.png
I have lost some chicks...but no massive losses.

B/B/S Orps

BBSOrpbabies1.jpg

BlueXBR

BxBRbabies1.jpg

BR (about 2 weeks old)

BRbabies.jpg

EE (Harley's)

HarleyEE1.jpg

EE PA

PAEE1.jpg

Silkies

silkies1.jpg

Buff Orps (they are active! I only got 1 to hold still for a minute....and I feel lucky I got that. LOL This is 1 of 7 now.

BuffOrp1.jpg

CUTE! It looks like the cochin & black orp I'm bringing for you will have good lives there!
smile.png
It looks like meeting on the 26th will work for us as we're planning to go through the Gorge...is there somewhere else, closer to the HWY that would work for you? We'll be in somewhat of a hurry to get home & get the unspoken for at this point chickens to bed.
smile.png
Oh and we'll be stopping in Cle Elum & now Yakima on the way down to drop off Orps & Sumatras.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent pics they are lovely,

I am getting more and more tempted to try raising them fron the start instead of buying in.

Good for you, they look good.

Jena

Thank you guys for all the complements.
wink.png

MissPrissy: I am sure they will grow up to be gorgeous. I can't wait. Unfortunately the last one out is having some issues so I may only have 2 that are going to make it. But I am trying my best!

equibling: Almost time for my new birds! I am excited...and all ready for them. I'll PM you and well get this all planned. I spoke with KKluckers and she says she has a Cockerel I can buy. Are you still going by there? I am just waiting to hear back again from her.

Jena: Thank you. Both ways has their advantages. I have spent more on eggs in the last 2 months than I have ever spent on chickens. LOL But I don't want to go back now...no more hatchery for me unless they are meat birds.

speckledhen: I love my new little guy/gals. That black one is bigger than the buff orps. I thought it may be a roo... thank you for confirming...I think 2 of them may be roos for they do the rooster strut...head way up, chest out, solid walk.

Chicabee19: Hello fellow Oregonian! I am between Estacada and Sandy. Um....near Gresham and Oregon City (that is where I do most my shopping). I am 40 minutes out from Portland (SE side).

bulldog-girl: Well hello! You are pretty darn close to me.
big_smile.png
No Roosters? Hehehe....my Hubby probably wishes we didn't have Roos. LOL Actually I know he does....

Back
Top Bottom