Join me on my Classroom Hatch-A-Long, support and advice appreciated!

And we have our first baby! (Set up livestream…actually recorded the hatch to play back to them tomorrow!) Figured that would be better than angry parents whose kids don’t want to go to bed on time for “educational purposes.” 😂

Yeah, getting kids to go to bed with that going on would be tricky.

DBF67C43-4D39-445A-95D2-C34CF6ABA6B8.jpeg
We have 6 little babies this morning! ❤️

I have to leave at noon for an appointment, so I think I’ll leave them in the incubator til tomorrow morning, anyone think that is a bad idea? The first one hatched around 9 last night so tomorrow morning would only be about 36 hours.

View attachment 3100605

I have to leave at noon for an appointment, so I think I’ll leave them in the incubator til tomorrow morning, anyone think that is a bad idea? The first one hatched around 9 last night so tomorrow morning would only be about 36 hours.

They should be fine in there for that amount of time.

View attachment 3100605

Yay!!!! How many more are left to hatch?

I ended up moving the 5 strong chicks to the brooder. They are huddled together under the plate, but if we go peek at them they come out to see us! I showed them food & water but they had no interest. Assuming they’ll be fine if they stay huddled til tomorrow since if they were mailed they would have nothing to eat for much longer? Just looking for reassurance!

I ended up moving the 5 strong chicks to the brooder. They are huddled together under the plate, but if we go peek at them they come out to see us! I showed them food & water but they had no interest. Assuming they’ll be fine if they stay huddled til tomorrow since if they were mailed they would have nothing to eat for much longer? Just looking for reassurance!

Yes, they have 3 days worth of yolk.

If hatched under a hen she wouldn't take them out of the next for a while.

Back
Top Bottom