July 2022 Hatch-A-Long

I take it there was a little waiting in the process 🤣
just a little!!!!!! LOL

But in my defense I won one of the sets of eggs on June 12 the other June 14. got them June 24. So 10 days for 1 set, and 12 for the other (not that long in the mail only 2 and 3 days in the mail). Then I am not setting them till June 27! so 13 and 15 days after I won them. feels LIKE FOREVER!!!! LOL I should have gotten them last week so should be on around day 6-8 on incubating them so only about 2 weeks left. NOT 3 weeks and 2 days! LOL

UGH that stinks! I would be going CRAZY!
Oh, I am lol. I'm so scared they'll all start to incubate in the truck and then go into that air conditioned post office and die....I'll be devastated if that happens. I've waited 3 years to be able to have some Ameraucanas/any chickens at all again, and I don't know if I can handle the disappointment if something like that happens :hit

doesn't sound normal to me. The PO should be able to track it too since sometimes a scan won't show to us but they can see things. So hopefully they can give you more information!
That's what I hoping...that I'll call them or go up there and even if it isn't there, they can check and maybe see where it is and maybe get a more definitive ETA on it.

:hit
Just talked to the PO. They said all the mail they should receive for the day is already there, and she said she wouldn't be able to see anything I can't with the tracking, so it's looking like I'm gonna have to wait til Monday to get them. I'm crushed :hit
What rotten luck. It’s out of your hands and you’ve done everything possible to try getting them. Just do your best with the eggs when they arrive. Don’t count them out yet. Sometimes they do surprise you!

Looking towards the future I’ve found sellers to be very accommodating about these things. Even if their standard policy is “no replacement eggs” and it was completely out of their control too (USPS). Sometimes it’s 1/2 price eggs. Or even just pay shipping. They want their birds into good homes and are willing to work with you to make that happen.

I can’t remember who but someone had a similar shipping mishap recently. They still got chicks! I think it might have been the Nankins. Anyone remember what I’m talking about?

When all else fails maybe look into chicks? I know you almost went down for the eggs. So I’m hoping this might be a remote possibility.

What rotten luck. It’s out of your hands and you’ve done everything possible to try getting them. Just do your best with the eggs when they arrive. Don’t count them out yet. Sometimes they do surprise you!

Looking towards the future I’ve found sellers to be very accommodating about these things. Even if their standard policy is “no replacement eggs” and it was completely out of their control too (USPS). Sometimes it’s 1/2 price eggs. Or even just pay shipping. They want their birds into good homes and are willing to work with you to make that happen.

I can’t remember who but someone had a similar shipping mishap recently. They still got chicks! I think it might have been the Nankins. Anyone remember what I’m talking about?

When all else fails maybe look into chicks? I know you almost went down for the eggs. So I’m hoping this might be a remote possibility.

The seller is very helpful and friendly. She may be willing to send me some more for some sort of discounted price. Idk. In either case, I'm gonna try to make sure I can go and pick up the eggs in person next time. I have hated this whole waiting and stressing experience and kinda don't ever wanna do it again. I don't think my heart or nerves can take it. Although, I'm gonna hold off judgement til I receive them. Maybe everything will be ok and I just have to make sure they don't get sent past like Tuesday next time so there's jo chance of them getting stuck over the weekend somewhere...idk. Guess we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom