July 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Okay it's almost 24hrs now since the last hatch of the quails. Nothing else has happened. It's only day 16, day 17 starts tonight. I got three quails hatched I'm wondering if I can expect more or that will be it :(
I can't see the inside when candle so I don't know what's going on inside of the eggs :(

I thought they would just all hatched soon if they are viable
Wondering if it's normal for them to spacr out so much

Thank you
With my last batch of 130+ quail eggs on lockdown, I had nearly a dozen go 6 days past the date the first one hatched (not 6 days late mind you, the first one was just early). But that's the way it is...some are early hatchers, some are late, but most hatch out within 30 hours of either side of the actual due to hatch date. At least that's been my experience.

I'm trying not to stare into the incubator too much, but I'm not doing a very good job of resisting. I just want SOMETHING to happen....a pip, a wiggle, anything to let me know they're still alive in there. My hubby keeps telling me they're like a watched pot, and they'll never "boil" if I keep staring at them, lol. I can't help it. And it's not even Day 19 yet...sigh. Gonna be a long couple of days.

I'm trying not to stare into the incubator too much, but I'm not doing a very good job of resisting. I just want SOMETHING to happen....a pip, a wiggle, anything to let me know they're still alive in there. My hubby keeps telling me they're like a watched pot, and they'll never "boil" if I keep staring at them, lol. I can't help it. And it's not even Day 19 yet...sigh. Gonna be a long couple of days.
I could have written this exact thing!!!! I had a dream last night I woke up and had a pip! Lol

@junior67 and @FreedomFarm13 yall are Killin me! But hey when I saw this thread had new posts I got all excited and my hatch is over!
So I totally get it and can't wait to see yalls babies! Here's to happy and healthy babies for you both!!!
Anyone else got hatchin going on this weekend?!
I am killing myself! One good/bad thing is I am going out of state in a little bit and will be gone until sometime tomorrow!!!!! Tried to plan it that even if the hatch a bit early I SHOULD be home. there is a chance I might miss the first pip but hopefully not. I will be home a couple hours before day 20. My 3 that I have hatched before all hatched about 4-6 hrs into day 20. I have someone adding water so hopefully if any pip she will notice and send me a picture. But putting my ear up to the incubator I don't hear any peeps yet. LMAO!

I am killing myself! One good/bad thing is I am going out of state in a little bit and will be gone until sometime tomorrow!!!!! Tried to plan it that even if the hatch a bit early I SHOULD be home. there is a chance I might miss the first pip but hopefully not. I will be home a couple hours before day 20. My 3 that I have hatched before all hatched about 4-6 hrs into day 20. I have someone adding water so hopefully if any pip she will notice and send me a picture. But putting my ear up to the incubator I don't hear any peeps yet. LMAO!
Ugh I cannot imagine leaving when at this stage! U r brave!!! I had to get my hair done when I had 1 born and others pippin and I was rushing her like crazy and I was just 15 mins away 🙃
Be safe and hopefully time passes fast so u are back home with those newbies!

Ugh I cannot imagine leaving when at this stage! U r brave!!! I had to get my hair done when I had 1 born and others pippin and I was rushing her like crazy and I was just 15 mins away 🙃
Be safe and hopefully time passes fast so u are back home with those newbies!
It was not my plan! shipping was delayed about a week so they should have been hatched the end of last week so a bit over a week old now. So I got them and had to let them sit a couple days or they would hatched the day before we left and the day we left (we were going to leave Fri night but that changed to Sat am). So figured I was safe setting htem to hatch Mon night since even if day 20 hatch I would be home since we get home early afternoon. So not brave just had no choice! I am going to go crazy but know the person checking will send any pics and updates if anything happens.

It was not my plan! shipping was delayed about a week so they should have been hatched the end of last week so a bit over a week old now. So I got them and had to let them sit a couple days or they would hatched the day before we left and the day we left (we were going to leave Fri night but that changed to Sat am). So figured I was safe setting htem to hatch Mon night since even if day 20 hatch I would be home since we get home early afternoon. So not brave just had no choice! I am going to go crazy but know the person checking will send any pics and updates if anything happens.
Oh yeah I forgot...sorry bout that!
Yeah hazards of shipped eggs for sure!
Prayin all goes well regardless!

I could have written this exact thing!!!! I had a dream last night I woke up and had a pip! Lol
I had a dream that I woke up to a bunch hatched. Woke up and snuck into the spare room to stare at them. For an hour. At 3am. Didn't sleep well, needless to say. I kept waking up thinking I heard peeps, from 3 walls away. Ugh. Driving me crazy. I'm sitting perched on an uncomfortable metal chair right next to them at this very moment. Hope no one needs anything from me today. Sorry kids, mommy's unavailable. Go make your own dinner, lol.

I had a dream that I woke up to a bunch hatched. Woke up and snuck into the spare room to stare at them. For an hour. At 3am. Didn't sleep well, needless to say. I kept waking up thinking I heard peeps, from 3 walls away. Ugh. Driving me crazy. I'm sitting perched on an uncomfortable metal chair right next to them at this very moment. Hope no one needs anything from me today. Sorry kids, mommy's unavailable. Go make your own dinner, lol.
I am almost 3 hrs away from mine. 😭😢😭😢😭. I wish I was staring at them.

Back
Top Bottom