July 4th hatch-a-long

Congratulations to those that have babies fresh out of the incubator! :woot

I have had one exciting day! The first Muscovy hen apparently has impeccable timing! She hatched 11 ducklings today and it wasn't even planned! :weee

Not poultry related but our mare also joined in foaling early this am. She had a stunning white John mule with two blue eyes

I got one July 4th baby!

It hatched out a few minutes before 11. I expect its hatchmates will be along tomorrow.

Hey all. Funny how I just see this now. I had four due to hatch on the fourth. But i have 3 dis a completly formed CCL male but internally pipped then died. 1 EE that was formed except it didn't look like it had a skull. Weird! I have 1 CCL internally pipped I thought it was DIS also but when I cracked the shell it was barely breathing I wet it slightly and put it back in. I set 68 eggs and have only 3 maybe 4 that made it.

Hey all. Funny how I just see this now. I had four due to hatch on the fourth. But i have 3 dis a completly formed CCL male but internally pipped then died. 1 EE that was formed except it didn't look like it had a skull. Weird! I have 1 CCL internally pipped I thought it was DIS also but when I cracked the shell it was barely breathing I wet it slightly and put it back in. I set 68 eggs and have only 3 maybe 4 that made it.

That's too bad :hugs

How was your humidity throughout incubation?

My girl is still on the eggs nothing will begin to happen for a few more days yet. I am so behind you guys! mine are due anytime from 10th. Though I doubt if the old hen will let me see them she is even more nasty than ever and I took her treats!

Oes

That's too bad :hugs

How was your humidity throughout incubation?
it was perfect; no temp flucations either but I had a rotten jub egg I 5hink it contaminated the other eggs.. I lost all my ac eggs all jubilee orp all silkies 1 CCL I helped hatch this morning got it out of shell but it stayed in the egg shape very weak. But yolk is completly gone answer she yes she!!! Was resting I will check on miss dixie later.

Well, I knew I was pushing my luck with fertility when these hens had been away from the roo for 3 weeks before I decided to set eggs. Ended up with only 2 at lockdown. It's day 20 now and those two eggs are wiggling around, but still no pips. What's that old saying about a watched egg...?
wink.png

Sadly my July 4th baby did not make it. I wait too long to get her untrapped. She was just to weak. So of 68 eggs and 365 dollars I got 3 chicks. Now those are some pricy chicks!

Sadly my July 4th baby did not make it. I wait too long to get her untrapped. She was just to weak. So of 68 eggs and 365 dollars I got 3 chicks. Now those are some pricy chicks!

Sorry about the bad hatch :hugs What breeds hatched out for you?

I had to do a completely assisted hatch today to save one of my chicks. Seven eggs made it to lockdown, two hatched on their own, four were late DIS, and the last I decided to help and caught it right before it died.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom