July Hatch-a-Long (including 4th of July hatch-a-long)

How many times per year do you hatch eggs?

• 1-2

Votes: 45 26.2%
  • 2-3

Votes: 18 10.5%
  • 3-4

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • 4-5

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • I don’t count the times

Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Hatchaholic

Votes: 60 34.9%

• Total voters
Pics
What a bummer! I actually got lucky and my eggs arrived overnight in the last delivery.

Wow, nice! Seems hit or miss.

I had 1 delay back in May, but none recently. I have had 4 shipments of eggs extremely poorly handled recently though. When I went to file my claim on my last set of eggs there was a notice to expect delays due to the rioting. Hopefully they get to you soon and they arrive in good shape! :fl :fl :fl
Thanks! I hope so too! That's what the post office told me too. That and everyone is using their extra paid time off that was given for corona. I understand it's use it or lose it so a lot of people off at once. 🤷‍♀️

Stinks to get the roughly handled boxes. Did anything develop from them?

Wow, nice! Seems hit or miss.

Thanks! I hope so too! That's what the post office told me too. That and everyone is using their extra paid time off that was given for corona. I understand it's use it or lose it so a lot of people off at once. 🤷‍♀️

Stinks to get the roughly handled boxes. Did anything develop from them?

Call ducks - none developed.
Swedish Flower Hens - none developed.
BCM's - giving them until day 14 where they are so dark, but not looking promising.
Welsummers - just set them a couple days ago so don't know just yet.

Really hoping my next 3 shipments of eggs arrive okay. :fl:fl:fl

Call ducks - none developed.
Swedish Flower Hens - none developed.
BCM's - giving them until day 14 where they are so dark, but not looking promising.
Welsummers - just set them a couple days ago so don't know just yet.

Really hoping my next 3 shipments of eggs arrive okay. :fl:fl:fl
Awe, that stinks.

Hope that the next ones go well for you! :fl:fl:fl

I am boycotting the July hatch-a-long, as I'm not hatching again until August. I'm not hatching again until August. I'm not hatching again until August. I'm not hatching again until August. I'm not hatching again until August. I'm not hatching again until August. I'm not hatching again until August. I'm not hatching again until August. I'm not hatching again until August.

There I've read it on the internet. It is true.

Hi guys! I’m new to hatching and BYC. I’m like a first time mum with eggs in my incubator! Is this the right thread for eggs hatching at the end of June? Or should I be on the June thread?
I’ve got 5 speckled Sussex eggs, 5 Brahma (3 light 2 silver), and 6 buff Orpington. I quickly candled the eggs without moving them from the incubator this morning (it’s only day 4 so I didn’t want to turn them over or anything), and it looks like we’ve got 3-4 fertile buff Orpington, all 5 Sussex are fertile, and 4/5 Brahma (2 of each colour). So happy! 😃

I'd happily hatch 24/7/356 if there was a good market here. I love chicks and had a good market at my last farm for extra broody hatched chicks, ducklings, and poults.
Adults too.
Hi guys! I’m new to hatching and BYC. I’m like a first time mum with eggs in my incubator! Is this the right thread for eggs hatching at the end of June? Or should I be on the June thread?
I’ve got 5 speckled Sussex eggs, 5 Brahma (3 light 2 silver), and 6 buff Orpington. I quickly candled the eggs without moving them from the incubator this morning (it’s only day 4 so I didn’t want to turn them over or anything), and it looks like we’ve got 3-4 fertile buff Orpington, all 5 Sussex are fertile, and 4/5 Brahma (2 of each colour). So happy! 😃
Hatch in June, June thread, hatch in July, July thread. All are welcome to come and hang out though. Beware, there is a broody sickness spreading through the group though.

Back
Top Bottom