July Hatch-a-Long (including 4th of July hatch-a-long)

How many times per year do you hatch eggs?

• 1-2

Votes: 45 26.3%
  • 2-3

Votes: 18 10.5%
  • 3-4

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • 4-5

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • I don’t count the times

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Hatchaholic

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
Pics
It is good that it is working for you. I think it is because we live in real humid areas.
Yeah probably!! I don’t think it would work in a desert. :lau

That said though, I guess mine isn’t technically totally dry since I have added water a few times but that’s only because it occasionally dropped to like 20 or even lower like 18, etc. but usually it’s been staying pretty stable.

I’ve been trying to keep it around 30 but usually when I add the water it goes up to maybe 40s or 45?? for a bit. But it goes back down eventually and stays in the 30s for a while which is a good range for me. I just add it every so often and it get it back up and then I don’t usually need to add it for a while.

But I don’t do like 60s or anywhere near the normally recommended amount so it’s basically dry in that sense.

I don't even use a hygrometer any more. :oops: I just add water according to what the air cells look like. At lockdown I add a wet sponge and keep an eye on the membranes. So I have absolutely no idea what kind of humidity is going on in there!
But looking at the air cell is key! Your method is kind of what I do now that I’ve hatched so much. I have a hygrometer in the bators, but I rarely look at them because I know that everything is on point.

Hi guys! I'm hatching again. Ducks hatching this weekend and set some new duck eggs yesterday. Also setting turkeys and guineas Saturday if the USPS is kind to me this time. These will be my first turkeys and guineas ever... pretty excited! :clap
Yay!!!! Can’t wait to see them.

What kind of turkeys and Guineas?

Yay!!!! Can’t wait to see them.

What kind of turkeys and Guineas?
No idea! They're purebred breeders choice on both of them. At least the turkeys should have a packing list with what they actually sent me. I'd love Blue Slate turkeys, and that is a possibility, but not overly likely, I think, as they have tons of breeds on the list.

I'd love the lavender guineas too and I think I'm swapping some bielefelder eggs for some lavender guinea eggs this weekend with a local farm. I think the ones I'm getting shipped are more than likely not lavender.

Back
Top Bottom