Jumbo pekins? has anyone got em?

Thanks so much for your comments I was thinking of meat and eggs. So I was just wondering if it would be benificial to get some and raise them and then I could hatch out the eggs for meat ( although I do no and can't do the killing my dad does that their too cute and sweet for me to do it ) I can dress them just not the other. But I do want to keep them as pets and use their eggs for hatching for the meat birds . I was also wondering if they get too big to keep for pets . I love pekins they are so sweet.

I have a McMurray Jumbo Pekin, and she has the most character of any other duck in the flock. Everyone LOVES her.

She was already 2 years old when I got her, and I've had her for 4 years now. She had been laying very well (for a Pekin - generally around 3 - 5 eggs a week) up until this year - she's getting older, and I think she's only laid an egg or two all year so far.

Here she is - "The Mighty Zelda":
28352_000_2989.jpg

31770_420205534433_649894433_5255513_6153882_n.jpg

She is very big (I'd estimate her at around 13 pounds - she's heavier than the 10 pound cat!), and she does have inflamed joints and has trouble getting around - she hobbles to her kiddie pool every morning and spends the entire day in there until it's time to hobble back inside at night.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom