Jumping Spiders? -- Who likes 'em!?

10638_nervoussmiley.gif

Oh,I just love those black jumpers!When my husband lived here I had to trap them before he saw them first.A..... had no respect for them
rant.gif

I tried to get them out of the house before he killed them.
somad.gif

Now he's gone so I can have them all I want
wee.gif

I really like tarantulas too.

I'm not gonna click on a spider video, thanks! I *respect* spiders. They're very well built for the very important job they do. I certainly leave them in peace in my house if they're small and leave the kids alone, and I put them outside if they're big or insist on living over the kids' beds. I got very fond of the big garden spider who maintained a 3-foot web right next to where I stand to hang the clothes out on the line. I was sad when she died.

That said, even though I had rats as pets for 6 years I still find spiders kinda squick-tastic. A little too alien for me, thanks!

Quote:
Okay, now I'm going to be able to 'chat' with the jumpers that appear in my kitchen from time-to-time -- we live in the woods and my husband calls me to take the spider outside --

First thing I'll 'say' to the spider, however, will be 'Please don't jump on me!'

Jumping spiders are just little fellers. I photographed this ginormous beast (yep, that's the reflection off his eye) in a corner of my front porch. From my research, he's a fishing spider:

Back
Top Bottom