Jumping Spiders? -- Who likes 'em!?

Sassymygirl

Miss Equestrian
11 Years
Sep 16, 2008
Carencro, Louisiana
Yes, I love jumping spiders!! They are not venomous, so they can't really hurt you, but they do bite. But I hold them all the time and let them crawl on my arm.
tongue.png
Just wondering....Does anyone else like them!?

15858_images111111111.jpg

15858_images.jpg

Hey, that second one is smiling!

I admire them. They seem intelligent, one time watched black and red one stalk a fly on a 4 x 4 post. Spider was just hanging out and a fly landed about 10 inches away, spider spun around and had sights on it... then it walked over to other side of post, went up a couple inches then ever so slowly 'peeked' over the corner to locate the fly, backed off and continued up on side hidden from the fly.. then it got in position where it 'thought' the fly was, but right then the fly flew off(spider couldn't see it fly off). Spider 'tensed up' then suddenly jumped over pretty close to where the fly was.. it looked around like 'hey where did it go....' Was truly amazing......

Spiders are truly one of my favorite animals, we even have a tarantula we take into schools. Just a side note, jumping spiders like all spiders ARE venomous. That's how they subdue and liquify their prey BUT only certain species of spiders have medically significant venom like the Black Widow or brown recluse. Happy spider watching!

OOH, ME! ME!
big_smile.png

We always somehow have at least one living in the house. They are AWESOME-NESS!
big_smile.png

Me, too! Even my husband who dislikes most spiders kinda likes jumpers. It is fun to watch them hunt and stalk their prey--especailly when that prey is mosquitos. Though I can't get DH to agree to a house spider at least he calls me to rescue the jumpers when he finds them inside.

They are my favorite!!! They are very interesting spiders!
Did you know you an 'talk' to them? Get the spiders attention and lean down close to it without scaring it, then with your hands up near your face extend your pointer finger and wave them like spider legs. The spider will stand up on it's hind legs and do it back to you!!!
Just be prepared, sometimes this makes them jump onto you for some reason.....
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom