June 2021 Hatch - A - Long

12 eggs went in to lockdown and 12 hatched!
1B9004C3-56EA-4CCA-8250-ACF5B0406B26.jpeg
7A0BBBE9-8120-45A4-AE87-919FEF090371.jpeg

All 5 chicks hatched. One shrink wrapped in incubator, so I will need to level it next time (guessing no humidity on that side?) But I am happy with it. Can't wait for spring! Will get pics in the morning
Umm, unless the incubator has two separate closed of areas humidity should not vary that much from side to side.

Most likely what happened is that the chick had externally pipped and the humidity dropped for a bit. It could also happen if the pip was in the exact spot that the incubators fan air flow traveled. And the last possibility it could be from the chick pipping, then taking its own sweet time to decide to actually zip.

Umm, unless the incubator has two separate closed of areas humidity should not vary that much from side to side.

Most likely what happened is that the chick had externally pipped and the humidity dropped for a bit. It could also happen if the pip was in the exact spot that the incubators fan air flow traveled. And the last possibility it could be from the chick pipping, then taking its own sweet time to decide to actually zip.
I think it taking its time could be to blame. My reasoning for thinking one side was off, is that it's plastic and it doesn't line up with base as well as it should so there is open gaps

My lockdown eggs are peeping. Also yesterday 3 swallow chicks fell out of our roof. Sun was beating down and 105 degrees. So now they are cheeping and probably encouraging hatching chicken eggs. I also lost one 1 year old welsummer to the heat.

Back
Top Bottom