June 2021 Hatch - A - Long

Pics
Does your incubator have a fan to circulate the air? I didn't know shuffling the eggs around was a thing!
It has a fan but its entered winter here and the incubator im using isnt very insulated so if I dont wrap it up the sides can run a bit cooler. Shuffling the outer eggs wuth inner eggs helps keep incubation a bit more even. Just means they might not all pop out the same time and they will hatch over a few more days

Today is day 4 for my broody Delaware and her assorted hatching eggs from Meyer. I just candled them, and 4/6 look very good with 2/6 questionable. Not bad for shipped eggs, but I’ll candle again Thursday morning before discarding any just to be sure. The hen is sitting tight and doing a great job for a first-timer so far.

So my initial plan of giving my broody eggs and incubating the rest was scrapped. My borrowed older HovaBator couldn’t keep consistent temps and was stressing me out so bad. I’ve never incubated before and felt like using this old one was not a good idea. So I candled all the bator eggs last night, out of 6 only 4 appeared to be good, so I gave them to my broody who is already sitting on 3. Hope it’s not too many for her 😬. I will update periodically, today should be day 9.

Back
Top Bottom