June 2023 Hatch-a-long

For the Monday five I had 2 hatch so far...they hatched yesterday.
5moni.PNG

This is them today.
5 monf.PNG

You can tell who the rooster is -haha! It is funny I hatched 10 this last week or so all mystery chicks from different farms, all were black but this little gray chick, and she was the one with the crack.

3 are still in shell, with pip.

So it’s day 20, noticed a tiny bit of shell out of place on one of the 9. This is a “pip” right? I saw some wiggling of that egg too. Any one have any idea what to expect as far as a time line? Broody momma is patiently waiting on a nest.
Yay, a pip! 24 hours from pipping is the general guideline if I remember. Momma will be so happy!

In desperate need of an inexpensive incubator. Any recommendations? Would prefer around $50. Was going to have 30 eggs, incubator holds 22, well now I will have like 48!!!!!
Quick addition was wrong.....

So was getting eggs from 3 different people. Figured 6 CCL, 6 OE, then 12 shipped with a few breeds.... So total of 24.

Got 12 CCL, 9 OE (they both have extras), and the shipped ones was going to send 18 for a few extra but guess messed up packing first 18 so instead of unpacking then just packed up another 18 and sent all 36!!!!! For a grand total of 57 eggs!!!!

My incubator holds 22. Lol. When I got the CCL eggs and got 12 my plan was to give some to a broody and let her sit and replace clears/quitters with ones under her. Well don't see 57 making it down to 22. And while I have 2 broodys I don't trust one to hatch and not sure about other one but she has already been broody for 3-4 weeks so I don't want her going another 3 weeks.

Quick addition was wrong.....

So was getting eggs from 3 different people. Figured 6 CCL, 6 OE, then 12 shipped with a few breeds.... So total of 24.

Got 12 CCL, 9 OE (they both have extras), and the shipped ones was going to send 18 for a few extra but guess messed up packing first 18 so instead of unpacking then just packed up another 18 and sent all 36!!!!! For a grand total of 57 eggs!!!!

My incubator holds 22. Lol. When I got the CCL eggs and got 12 my plan was to give some to a broody and let her sit and replace clears/quitters with ones under her. Well don't see 57 making it down to 22. And while I have 2 broodys I don't trust one to hatch and not sure about other one but she has already been broody for 3-4 weeks so I don't want her going another 3 weeks.
Holy canoli junior! What are you gonna do??? Wow that is a lot

Back
Top Bottom