June 2023 Hatch-a-long

any one interested in Fancy Nancy, I got her from frizzle feather farms in NC
roha.PNG

This is her with feathers.
and her molting...
7gt.PNG

She did win last year's molt contest.
Some lady said..."You should separate her from the other hens so she doesn't get picked on." I said..."I would not do that, she is the boss hen."

Last edited:
20 eggs hatched put of the original 24, I removed 3, waiting on 1 more-
-
Not sure what to do about this last one, it hasn't internally pipped yet but i see its body in the low side of the air pocket and can see breathing.
-
Also, mentioning again i added 5 to the original 24 that I had taken from my broody silkie, replacing them with chicks from my other hatch before this. (She's doing great!)
If you count the 5, 25 hatched. (All 5 of silkies eggs hatched.)
any idea if i should help this chick? It's still breathing in the egg and still hasn't internally pipped.

Best not to help. If it is still in the egg, it may just be digesting egg contents, and even an egg that has pipped, the chick should kick it's own way out. You don't want to help a chick hatch too soon, it will have intesines hanging off the belly button, and will only live a few days.

Best not to help. If it is still in the egg, it may just be digesting egg contents, and even an egg that has pipped, the chick should kick it's own way out. You don't want to help a chick hatch too soon, it will have intesines hanging off the belly button, and will only live a few days.
Well its day 23 now, when should I help? I don't want to not help and then it die.

Back
Top Bottom