June 2023 Hatch-a-long

Pics
ok so I was camping this weekend. I watched my breeders live and thought they drew 3 names since connection was spotty (I was the 2nd name so thought I won). Watched again after when connection was a bit better and no what she did was drew 3 names. First person was the winner and had 24 hrs to respond, if not then it went to the 2nd one drawn and if I didn't then the 3rd name drawn... The first person responded so no free eggs for me. Guess it is a sign that I need to wait. We are building a coop right now. I am away again for the weekend in 2 weeks and then again the week after that. I also have 9 (or are they 10) week olds that refuse to leave the coop brooder fully, and also 7 week olds (same thing), then I have 3 week olds inside in the brooder that I NEED to move outside ASAP as they are outgrowing this brooder, I have a mama and her 1 week old babies running around the coop (part of the reason the others wont fully leave is the mama beats them up for being "near" her babies). and I have my June babies due to hatch on Thurs. So think I need to get that all straightened out and get the coop and run fully built before I hatch more sadly.

My plan is to lock the older chicks out of the brooder tomorrow, mama should bring babies out (I had her locked up since I wasn't home and let her out today after I got home), then clean out the coop brooder and move the inside chicks out, then once the eggs hatch I will move them into the coop brooder after a few days. Hopefully we will make some good progress on the coop this weekend since we are gone the next 2. would LOVE to have it done enough to be able to move the other chicks over there at least... Guess I see.

But in June hatch-a-long related stuff. My eggs go into lockdown tonight. I need to see what I still have going but think 4 Ameraucana eggs, and 1 OE but hoping the other 2 OE are good. Then I have 9 eggs I am hatching as a trade for the eggs that hatched under my broody so hopefully all those are still going for her.

I didn't get him yet, maybe tonight or tomorrow. I have more hens than this but these are my laying/breeding hens who will be romanced by the LO.
Below is Beatrice, she is a Blue copper maran, hopefully we will lighten that up...
po25.PNG

Below is "Isabella" She is a blue EE.
po29.PNG

Below is Bluebelle, she is a bluebell egger.
poa4.PNG

Below is a NN, I have 2 hens, it would be fun to get a lavender NN. This is Rusty.
po16.PNG

This is "Golt." She is a gloden spitzenhauben.
po18.PNG

Below is Nell. Her mom was a blue frizzle, it would be nice to get the blue color back.
po26.PNG

Below is Fancy Nancy a frizzle NN no relation to Nell...
frizma.PNG

Don't you love it when they blink right as you take a pic? BCM
poa1.PNG

Below is another blinking Blue isbar, (funny when she started to lay-blam! Her comb got large and red.
poa8.PNG

Lastly I have 2 AC's and one Mozaic that looks like an AC but lays a gray egg.
poa9.PNG

13 hens.
Plus 2 more, I have a blue laced wyandotte, i forgot to mention... She is also doing the blinky thing...
po15.PNG

And this steelegger too!
poa3.PNG

Now I also have 3 Delaware pullets occupying a rollout nest box. Tonight I managed to rob one of them of 2 eggs that she had managed to keep from rolling out. Most likely one of hers and the pullet next to her had one she stole. By the end of the week I want another hoop coop built just for broody girls. They can either hatch in there or decide to go back to work. I'll take either in exchange for feed, water, and a bunk to sleep on. They just cannot disrupt a 45 hen production nest box. I think they have scared some hens of and they are laying in the woods when they free range when the egg count dropped from about 35 a day to 18-20.

Back
Top Bottom