June Hatch-A-Long! (Blue Ameraucanas for me!)

Pics
Hi all :frow
My duckies hatched :ya...both needed help due to shrink wrapping. The second to come out though had some issues with malformations and died peacefully last night :hit
This little, little sweetie duck is named Grover...
inside egg still.jpg hatched.jpg too cute.jpg so little.jpg
And darling Charlie...
Darling Charlie.jpg
We have to search out and find a friend or two for Grover.
CABINHOLLOWNC, your chicks are so sweet :love, did any more eggs hatch?

Howdy! i just finished setting 8 khaki campbell duck eggs under my broody white barred rock, already a couple are forming! Just the thought of a chicken raising ducks gets me all excited. We tried hatching 14 duck eggs with an incubator but only two made it. one with a deformed leg, So we're hopping that a chicken will do better! we just also had a Jersey giant hatch out 16/16 eggs, Though unfortunately we lost 4 do to failure of getting under their mom for the night. Soo yeah we hope that at least six will hatch!

Hi all :frow
My duckies hatched :ya...both needed help due to shrink wrapping. The second to come out though had some issues with malformations and died peacefully last night :hit
This little, little sweetie duck is named Grover...
View attachment 1037264 View attachment 1037276 View attachment 1037281 View attachment 1037307
And darling Charlie...
View attachment 1037284
We have to search out and find a friend or two for Grover.
CABINHOLLOWNC, your chicks are so sweet :love, did any more eggs hatch?

"Grover"...that is the perfect name for him. He is just too cute!!!

Sadly, no more eggs hatched. I gave them till this morning. What can I say...shipped eggs.

I did decide to get 12 more eggs from a family owned small hatchery in TN (right over the hill from me) last night. I got 2 Olive Eggers, 4 Easter Eggers and 6 French Blue Copper Marans eggs. All are fresh eggs gathered yesterday and the day before and some were gathered while I was there. Here is a picture of them...I think they are very pretty!
EGGS.jpg

Howdy! i just finished setting 8 khaki campbell duck eggs under my broody white barred rock, already a couple are forming! Just the thought of a chicken raising ducks gets me all excited. We tried hatching 14 duck eggs with an incubator but only two made it. one with a deformed leg, So we're hopping that a chicken will do better! we just also had a Jersey giant hatch out 16/16 eggs, Though unfortunately we lost 4 do to failure of getting under their mom for the night. Soo yeah we hope that at least six will hatch!

Post some pictures of your new babies! Who can get enough of cute chick pics??? Can't wait to see mama Chicken with her duck babies!:pop

Back
Top Bottom