June Hatch-A-Long! (Blue Ameraucanas for me!)

Pics
I have a broody on 12 eggs but two are Duck eggs. Chicks are due tomorrow and Ducks the following week. They are aillsbury Ducks (Big Jemima puddle ducks!) Not sure if she will sit for that length. The ducks were elderly and we are not sure if fertile. Sadly the two eggs set out for me got accidentally scrambled so had to wait on more and now we are out of sink as I wanted them to hatch together but now a week out? I got mail order eggs so had to go with them! Sorry for the late arrival onto the thread I got lost when you all changed Coop! -lol

20170612_082903.jpg

I had two hatched this morning. This one and a yellow one. Two more are pipped. We'll see what I find when I get home tonight.

I have 12 that hatched on their own and 3 that got glued in that I helped out. They are very sticky. Any advice on how to wash them? I left them in the incubator, the others are in the brooder...

Attachments

• IMG_8816.JPG
    IMG_8816.JPG
    527.9 KB · Views: 7
I have 12 that hatched on their own and 3 that got glued in that I helped out. They are very sticky. Any advice on how to wash them? I left them in the incubator, the others are in the brooder...

LOL...too cute...some fell asleep in the food! I'd give them 24 hours in the incubator to see how they dry before trying to clean them off. One of mine looked a little sticky after hatching (more than the other one) but after 24 hours in the incubator she only had a small spot on her back that did dry and fluff up when I put her in the brooder.

LOL...too cute...some fell asleep in the food! I'd give them 24 hours in the incubator to see how they dry before trying to clean them off. One of mine looked a little sticky after hatching (more than the other one) but after 24 hours in the incubator she only had a small spot on her back that did dry and fluff up when I put her in the brooder.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom